Nexus 6?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Does anyone think that AT&T will sell the next Nexus, as T-Mobile is doing?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The nexus is an unlocked phone so really it does not matter if at&t sell it in stores as far as I am concerned. I was content buying the Nexus 5 via google play as their cs so far had been pretty good. If you want a better warranty you can buy the T-mobile version (if there is one) via Best Buy but you would have to pay an extra $100 plus the accidental handling. Considering the nexus 5 was 399 for 32 gig on google play the best buy tmobile would have been 499+ 120 for bestbuy's ah (if I have that price right) not including taxes.

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm a "hands on" guy. I won't buy a new phone unless i can see it, and use it for a couple of minutes. Until recently, you couldn't even see a Nexus, unless you bought it first. I went and bought an LG G2 at AT&T, about two months ago, and the other day, my son-in-law shows up at my house with a brand new Nexus5, that he bought that day at T-Mobile. Now, T-Mobile has very poor service in my area, so i never even knew that they sold the N5. Wow, am i sorry. If AT&T doesn't sell that phone by the time that my present contract is up, i'm buying one directly from Google. :(

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm a "hands on" guy. I won't buy a new phone unless i can see it, and use it for a couple of minutes. Until recently, you couldn't even see a Nexus, unless you bought it first. I went and bought an LG G2 at AT&T, about two months ago, and the other day, my son-in-law shows up at my house with a brand new Nexus5, that he bought that day at T-Mobile. Now, T-Mobile has very poor service in my area, so i never even knew that they sold the N5. Wow, am i sorry. If AT&T doesn't sell that phone by the time that my present contract is up, i'm buying one directly from Google. :(

Im the same way as far as hands on. I knew that both sprint and t-mobile were selling it so I went to both of their corporate stores to play with it. I mainly focused on the looks and aesthetics as I too live in (at the time) a poor Sprint and T-mobile area. I relied on the web for radio performance. Early on the Nexus 5 had issues with the speaker that was later fixed with the second and third batch.

I personally love my nexus 5, the phone I had before it was my note 2 which I considered the best phone out at the time and still holds its own today. But for me the nexus overall is the clean look and feel I wanted in a phone. All the concerns I had of not being able to go to a smaller phone since owning a note 2 and the smaller battery in the nexus 5 was put to bed. I still carry my note 2 (with no sim and in airplane mode) for note taking but I love the nexus. And if the rumor about the moto nexus is true, especially if it ends up being smaller than 5.9, you can bet I will be on Google ordering it.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Does anyone think that AT&T will sell the next Nexus, as T-Mobile is doing?
I don't think AT&T will sell the next Nexus device. I don't really think there is an incentive for them to.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think AT&T will sell the next Nexus device. I don't really think there is an incentive for them to.

To be honest, I do not want carriers selling nexus devices. Well let's just say I am weary. Yes, if carriers sell them you can use your upgrades on them but we saw what Verizon did to the nexus. The only thing I want form the carriers in the ability to use the phone on their LTE network. Other than that I want them to keep their paws as far away from my nexus as possible. We saw what American carriers have done with the G3...nope I say let carrier keep to what they do messing up perfectly good featured phones and leave my nexus alone.

motorola-nexus-concept.png

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Im the same way as far as hands on. I knew that both sprint and t-mobile were selling it so I went to both of their corporate stores to play with it. I mainly focused on the looks and aesthetics as I too live in (at the time) a poor Sprint and T-mobile area. I relied on the web for radio performance. Early on the Nexus 5 had issues with the speaker that was later fixed with the second and third batch.

I personally love my nexus 5, the phone I had before it was my note 2 which I considered the best phone out at the time and still holds its own today. But for me the nexus overall is the clean look and feel I wanted in a phone. All the concerns I had of not being able to go to a smaller phone since owning a note 2 and the smaller battery in the nexus 5 was put to bed. I still carry my note 2 (with no sim and in airplane mode) for note taking but I love the nexus. And if the rumor about the moto nexus is true, especially if it ends up being smaller than 5.9, you can bet I will be on Google ordering it.

I didn't use my son-in-law's Nexus for very long, but he tells me that the only thing that he doesn't like about the phone, is the placement of the LED notifications. He said that it was on the front, but near the bottom of the phone? Is that a problem for people?o_O

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For me, no, but i can see how that can bother some especially if you are use to it being at the top.

OP
grunt0300

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When the Nexus 5 is stock, does it get unread count badges on the gmail, hangouts, and phone apps?:confused: