Nexus 6 Camera Shows Off with Cool Halloween Images

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6-night-camera-sample-matias-duarte-1.jpg

Matias Duarte of Google fame is showing off the camera quality of his new Nexus 6 by taking a couple of low-light Halloween shots. Both pics feature several Jack-o-lanterns at night and are pretty impressive. While we have no doubt that there are several phone cameras that take better shots than the Nexus 6, what is truly impressive is how much better these pics are compared to previous generation Nexus devices.

nexus-6-night-camera-sample-matias-duarte-2.jpg

It probably shouldn't come as a surprise considering Google and Motorola went all out on the camera hardware this time by including a Sony IMX214 CMOS sensor with optical image stabilization (OIS). Sound off and let us know what you think.

Also, don't forget to check out our dedicated section for the Nexus 6 right here: Motorola Nexus 6 Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Source: Google+

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Now these are good shots, zoom in and you can see plenty of detail!

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah... that 21MP helps out with the finer details for sure.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Even though there is still noise in the low light shot the detail is pretty good and much better than I expected from a nexus or a Motorola camera. I am already sold. I am just mad that I can not buy it right now.

:(

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree. Not being able to buy it now is giving me too much time to think. I'd rather just buy it and be done with trying to figure out what I want to do.

on the move..

recDNA

Reaction score
I know you can't use data and phone simultaneously on turbo. I wonder if you can on n6?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know you can't use data and phone simultaneously on turbo. I wonder if you can on n6?
droid-life has confirmed this already I believe when testing direct-from-Google Nexus 6s to make sure they would function on VZ's network