Nexus 5X Will Remain On Sale for $50 Off Until the End of the Year

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-5x-pic.jpg

At just $380 bucks, the LG-Made Google Nexus 5X 16GB is a solid value buy. With a $50 discount, that solid value buy becomes an excellent one at just $330. The same $50 off applied to the (normally $430) 32GB model is equally impressive for a total of $380. That happens to be the case across the board at most retailers who sell the device. The Nexus 5X is on sale with this discount until December 30th.

While the specs of the device are not "flagship" mode, they are still very respectable. Here's a recap:
  • 5.2-inch phone with small bezel and small footprint
  • Snapdragon 808 system chip
  • 2GB of RAM
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
  • Natively supported fingerprint scanner
  • USB Type-C port
For folks who want to take advantage of this before the year ends, here are several links:
For further discussion regarding the Nexus 5X, here's our dedicated section: Nexus 5X (2015) | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Oh I bet there are a lot of mad people who bought this a month ago.

boidsonly

Reaction score
B&H is probably the only tax free seller.

Is anyone using this on VZW? If so, any issues? I would like to get this for my daughter if it works problem free.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh I bet there are a lot of mad people who bought this a month ago.
Maybe not as many who'd be mad for jumpiing before the $80 Thanksgiving discount.

B&H is probably the only tax free seller.

Is anyone using this on VZW? If so, any issues? I would like to get this for my daughter if it works problem free.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff
Glad you mentioned B&H. Two thoughts....FIRST and most importantly, they're the only seller I believe who is also offering a $20 gift card, so be sure to jump on that. :) Second, I picked it up during the last sale, and it's arriving tomorrow. So I'll work with Verizon and try to post back what I learn. What I've seen so far suggests there are no issues, IF you can figure out how to get a nano-SIM (i.e., my current phone has a micro SIM).

-Matt

Last edited:

boidsonly

Reaction score
Maybe not as many who'd be mad for jumpiing before the $80 Thanksgiving discount.

Glad you mentioned B&H. Two thoughts....FIRST and most importantly, they're the only seller I believe who is also offering a $20 gift card, so be sure to jump on that. :) Second, I picked it up during the last sale, and it's arriving tomorrow. So I'll work with Verizon and try to post back what I learn. What I've seen so far suggests there are no issues, IF you can figure out how to get a nano-SIM (i.e., my current phone has a micro SIM).

-Matt
Thanks,
I look forward to your experiences with the phones performance on VZW. Thanks again.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OK, here's a quick update on the Nexus 5X: spent about 5 minutes today in a corporate Verizon store...they took the phone into the back, and a few minutes later, came out with a new nano-sim (no charge) and my activated phone. :) I'm getting a strong, regular signal and everything works well. Just ran a quick bandwidth test and ended up with 22Mbps down and 3Mbps up -- up is not so hot, but it was more like 10 up and 10 down when I tried it in the store. It's all good! @boidsonly let me know if you have any questions!

-Matt

boidsonly

Reaction score
OK, here's a quick update on the Nexus 5X: spent about 5 minutes today in a corporate Verizon store...they took the phone into the back, and a few minutes later, came out with a new nano-sim (no charge) and my activated phone. :) I'm getting a strong, regular signal and everything works well. Just ran a quick bandwidth test and ended up with 22Mbps down and 3Mbps up -- up is not so hot, but it was more like 10 up and 10 down when I tried it in the store. It's all good! @boidsonly let me know if you have any questions!

-Matt
Many thanks! That is good enough for me!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I may still pick one up for running. the 6p is a little heavy on my arm.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I may still pick one up for running. the 6p is a little heavy on my arm.
Spent my first full day with the phone yesterday -- really liking the 5X. Moving up from a 4.7" to 5.2" screen is a little challenging, but otherwise no complaints. Though I do find it a little bit ironic that there are a few minor things here and there that I preferred on the previous phone (HTC One M7), like the ability to "kill all" from the Recent Apps screen, and some design elements of Sense UI vs. Marshmallow -- for example: with homescreen folders in Sense, up to four mini app icons are displayed on the folder icon, so you can see what's inside...with Marshmallow, they're stacked so you only see one. Not interested in adding a third-party launcher though so it is what it is!

-Matt