Next release survey.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Ok Overall the response has been great, thanks.
As weve said and wanted to make sure people knew we are learning as we go :)
In that regard there may have been some mistakes made in stradegy when i started i didnt know much so i wanted to have a great looking theme. and i think we accomplished that, but than the rom just kept growing. I have seen comments that people want a more base rom. so since we have easy themeing. here is my thought. to build a moe base(stck) looking rom that you can theme if you choose to. I know it wont look as nice as i think it does upon 1st install , but its easy to theme and this would work for those that want some of the other features and support we bring but want a stock looking rom.

So here are the options I am leaving up to all of you. As to what you want upon install. This is not for feature requests please use the other section here or at the website.

im sorry i dont know how to set up a poll so i will read and maek a list.

1) adw or stock browser( I tried to contact LP dev regarding launcher pro with no response its not open source so it will not be availble for preintall)

2)Stock theme or prethemed (with sourcery blue-the current default) theming will continue to be as easy as it is now(with many more themes coming)

3) fancy back ground yes/no ( the phone squish up and alarm clock graphical errors ae caused by the fancy back ground) we think they make the rom look much better but have not been able to fix these 2 issues caused by it. so please let us know which you would like.(anyone that would like to help with this contact me)

4) please list apps in the rom that you would like to be moved to additional apps. i will list them than do another poll.

those are the major things i can think of. please feel free to leave anything that you would like changed . not additions thats for the feature section.

hopefully this new build will fix the few issues we have seen.

Thanks. Sourcery is made by Eagle1967 & GFLam but is your rom so be involved!
Droid 1 lives.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I say keep on like you are. the smoothness of the rom was a nice touch to see as it also looks so well.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
adw or stock browser? not sure what you are asking there.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
1. Keep adw

2. Start with a stock theme on first boot since a theme can be applied within seconds

3. Get rid of the fancy backgrounds (or find a way to make them am installable option) if doing so will fix bugs

4. Included apps are fine as is. We are all root users and by now should know how to install/uninstall any apps, system or otherwise...

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not a fan of how adw was working on this so I would say make it easy to NOT use adw at least.
don't count on people knowing how to remove apps.
I admit to liking LP better anyway so take this with grain of salt :)

pbrewer81

Reaction score
1. Keep adw

2. Start with a stock theme on first boot since a theme can be applied within seconds

3. Get rid of the fancy backgrounds (or find a way to make them am installable option) if doing so will fix bugs

4. Included apps are fine as is. We are all root users and by now should know how to install/uninstall any apps, system or otherwise...

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

I agree with the above. dancedroid

listenman20

Reaction score
1:if you're going for a stock look then i'd say a stock launcher but then i don't want a stock look or launcher. i prefer ADW.
2: themed...it's not sourcery if it's stock....others that want your options and stability can utilize those options to give them a stock look
3:keep the fancy backgrounds (as long as they're not interfering with stability) for the same reason as #2.
4:i don't so much want to be able to add apps as i do take away....kinda like the scripts we use to use to drop those unneeded apps you have as add-ons...why do we need the latin ime tutorial?

thanks again for a great ROM with even better support!

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
1:if you're going for a stock look then i'd say a stock launcher but then i don't want a stock look or launcher. i prefer ADW.
2: themed...it's not sourcery if it's stock....others that want your options and stability can utilize those options to give them a stock look
3:keep the fancy backgrounds (as long as they're not interfering with stability) for the same reason as #2.
4:i don't so much want to be able to add apps as i do take away....kinda like the scripts we use to use to drop those unneeded apps you have as add-ons...why do we need the latin ime tutorial?

thanks again for a great ROM with even better support!

Yeah you know you cant figure it out without the tutorial.
we left that in because we expected a lot of new hand me down users.
where this may be their first foray into android.

TMYINC

Reaction score
I am a big fan of ADW but I know not everyone is. It seems the point of your rom is the ease of customization. In that case I would start with the stock launcher(which for the record I hate lol) and possibly themed to match the rest of the rom. Then add the ability to install ADW through sorcery settings like Pandora, Youtube, and such are. Of course I know it is available through the market and will be unthemed but it adds ease to it like your other options. Of course if other want LP they will have to get it from the market since you said it cannot come preinstalled or maybe add it to the app installing list like the other ones also. But if the rom comes with the stock launcher there needs to be an option to remove it through the settings as maybe a preinstalled script that can be ran. In the list of apps to install there could be a list of apps to removed also....just a thought. I also agree with listenman20 when he stated that if its not themed then its not sorcery. You could always add a theme to the others that is more stockish for people that want that but your rom is unique in many different ways so IMO so should the theme of it.I think the fancy background is a nice touch but some (sorcery)wallpapers are needed also for people that do not use the live background. If they want it back it is always there. You could keep it as the preset Nexus LWP or add it as a separate sorcery LWP. As far as additional apps I just think twitter needs added to the list. Themed or unthemed, either way is good. Sorry this is so long...just a lot of ideas I had. I type like I talk....non-stop! lol Thanks for reading if you made it this far without going cross-eyed!

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
twitter

twitter was part of the rom until the last minute its just so darn big i pulled it i did plan on adding it additional apps just havent gotten that far. we are working on walppaer downloads for all the themes. My partner worked hard to day while he was out snowboarding but on stuff he could do from his phone which of course with sourcery is about anything :)

I really like adw and the stock browser doesnt do much. but i could put it as an alternate that would delete the stock launcher as you installed so that not a problem. will be adding in some delete capabilities.

Launcher pro will not be included in anything of course you can download it but the developer has failed to respond to mulitple attempt to contact him. and its been made clear it is not open source so i can not include it. Adw runs great for me its so funny how the same darn phone runs things differently :)

Colorize has a nice twitter reader with it if you havent found that.

Im working on fixing the few glitches we have. but we will be doing some rom update over the next few days , if rom update doesnt shut down quickly than you know your getting something :) and it will reboot your phone. follow us on twitter for announcements of availability.

Thanks again all 729 downloads of the rom to date. in 3 days so not too bad. If you are having any problems please be patient i am working on fixing those at his time.

vstarx

Reaction score
I would leave stock launcher and let user change to LP or ADW

only request I would ask for would be to see music controls added to lock screen

listenman20

Reaction score
only request I would ask for would be to see music controls added to lock screen

mine has lockscreen controls....??? i've seen this posted several times, but it's been there ever since i flashed....i don't understand why ppl keep asking for it to be added.

vstarx

Reaction score
mine has lockscreen controls....??? i've seen this posted several times, but it's been there ever since i flashed....i don't understand why ppl keep asking for it to be added.

yeah your right not sure how i missed it but its there :) thanks
maybe its the "magic" of the ROM that made it show up