News & Weather Widget !!

cpinto

Reaction score
I'm moved from a Droid 1 to an X.

After the 2.1 update on the D1, they addede a little News & Weather Widget. Page one was weather, then you could page thru additional news feeds of your choosing.

The nice thing was you could get very specific as to what you wanted to follow, such as a specific company.

At first I thought this little widget was weak, but it grew on me after a while.

Now the X has a different News widget, but you cannot enter a specific company.

Is there a way to move the widget from the D1 to the X? Is it just an .APK file. If so, which one?

Thanks ....

Craig

ygohome

Reaction score
I agree, that was a terrific app on the d1 2.1

Ive wished several times that I had that app on my x.

If we can't have it, is there anything close that is like it? Doesn't have to have weather, but I liked the custom topic news feature.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

cpinto

Reaction score
I agree, that was a terrific app on the d1 2.1

Ive wished several times that I had that app on my x.

If we can't have it, is there anything close that is like it? Doesn't have to have weather, but I liked the custom topic news feature.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

There is a Motorola NEWS Widget, but it's a little different. I like the other one better. If we knew the file name, I'm sure it would still work.

Craig

bcc12345

Reaction score
yup.. installed the genie .apk file, and now I have the same News & Weather widget from my original Droid... love it!

OP
C

cpinto

Reaction score
Interesting. I installed it, but it's a different news reader than the one included in 2.1