news & weather doesn't work after 2.1

keegstr

Reaction score
I had the 'leaked' version of the google news & weather app before i updated to 2.1. A few days ago it stopped working (i got network errors).

I just updated using the manual 2.1 update, and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know what i need to do to fix it?

http://keeganm.com

djh074

Reaction score
my news works fine but weather stopped working a few days ago. im not positive, but i think it stopped working the day before i installed 2.1. not sure what the problem is but would like to have it fixed.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Just did the force update to 2.1 and news works, however, weather does not. Even trying to add location manually and it cannot find any of the zips that I enter.

Zargon

Reaction score
I've been running the same 2.1 rom for a few weeks now and my weather just stopped working earlier this week.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I had the 'leaked' version of the google news & weather app before i updated to 2.1. A few days ago it stopped working (i got network errors).

I just updated using the manual 2.1 update, and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know what i need to do to fix it?

Keeganm.com
Find it in your application list and uninstall it...

It wont show up as News and Weather it MAY show up as com.android.xxxxxx

go to settings/applications/manage applications/menu/filter/all/scroll to find the apk and uninstall.

OP
K

keegstr

Reaction score
Find it in your application list and uninstall it...

It wont show up as News and Weather it MAY show up as com.android.xxxxxx

go to settings/applications/manage applications/menu/filter/all/scroll to find the apk and uninstall.

I tried this, there is no option to uninstall. Just clear cache & force quit. Any ideas?

OP
K

keegstr

Reaction score
this works now -- evidently my zip code wasn't valid any more. using my city works.

nuclear_me327

Reaction score
i've tried using zip codes and city names for here and nearby and both don't work. i will try to uninstall news and weather app but before i do i'd like to know if i can re-install it after i uninstall the app. the news portion of the app worked fine and the weather didn't. i also tried the weather channel app and couldn't get anything with zipcodes or citys either.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I JUST noticed this problem myself and happened to see this thread before I started my own...

Zip codes and city names aren't working. These are the same ones I used when I had the News & Weather on Bugless Beast. As well, I tried some bigger cities (I live in a very small area). Those don't work either.

I've got another question for you guys though...I noticed that, in the market, Goggles is listed as free, not installed. I checked the version that I have that came with 2.1 against the version in the market, and they're both 1.0.1...wtf!?

Also, did/have any of you experienced the issue with picasa not syncing? I haven't, but others have (mostly manual-installers) Or, do you have Google Earth in the market? I don't...

I've seen that a factory reset gets Earth in the market for most, if not all, so I'm wondering if a reset would fix the weather...?

nuclear_me327

Reaction score
well jonny with the google goggles thing i have it installed and and it says installed on the market. i don't have picasa so i can't say anything there and i don't have google earth either....but i'm about to change that:icon_ banana:

also i'm running stock 2.1 if that helps with diagnosing at all.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I didn't have G Earth even showing up in the market, but I just did a factory reset after asking those questions, and now Goggles says it's installed when I look in the market and I found Earth there as well, but Weather still doesn't bring up my current location or my zip code or any of that good stuff...Wondering if there's some sort of error with the server or something...

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the stock weather app and the weather channel app. I'm running chevy's 2.1 ESE81 ROM. However Weather widget is working. Very weird.

jak86

Reaction score
My weather apps stopped working as well. It stopped about 6:50 est. I just happened to be checking my mail, once i was done i set my phone on my knee and it went from showing the weather to no weather info at all.

olson0827

Reaction score
Same here. News works but the weather does not. Has to be a server issue