(NEWS) Android: Who's Using What?

S

SEGA

500x_android-os-market-share.jpg

Google has updated its Developer-focused breakdown of the Android user base, generating a lovely green pie chart showing which versions of the mobile OS its users are on. Not that most people have a choice about it, of course.

The stats show that Android 2.1 is way in the lead, occupying the ROM space of 55.5% of all Android phones—with the very latest 2.2 update only sitting on 3.3% of handsets (that'll be the Nexus One owners) that connected to the Android Market in the two-week period ending July 15.

Android 1.5 is still going strong, too, thanks to the slow pace of updates around the world and a few phones left in permanent limbo by their uncaring makers. [Android Developers]

Darkseider

Reaction score
"...with the very latest 2.2 update only sitting on 3.3% of handsets (that'll be the Nexus One owners) that connected to the Android Market in the two-week period ending July 15."

Hmmm... My Nexus has a keyboard and is made by Motorola? DAMN! I'm special! dancedroid

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
"...with the very latest 2.2 update only sitting on 3.3% of handsets (that'll be the Nexus One owners) that connected to the Android Market in the two-week period ending July 15."

Hmmm... My Nexus has a keyboard and is made by Motorola? DAMN! I'm special! dancedroid
R u saying you just have a moto droid? (running Froyo?) lol SEGA has a point, i really didnt get it either *probly still dont. Its cool though, i think your right, 2.2 is nexus one owners. i wonder if they calculated all the motodroid users runing froyo roms?.... maybe that the "other" category. My mind tells me their are way more people with hacked phones than that though. If its just official android Os users then what would that category be???