Newest CM Nightly GB kernel

ColinZack

Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded this? Since I've installed it I haven't been able to get my music to play. I had the ICS version but after it would play nothing, and kept force closing after a restart, I got the normal version from the market and same issue. Everything else works fine, but the music app will not play anything, whether on wifi or 3g.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues and I've been running pretty much every CM7GB build.

Boot Manager

zero7404

Reaction score
i installed cm shadow 137 or 138 build (beginning of november), where can i find out what improvements the nightly builds include over previous builds ? if i decide to update my build, would i be reconfiguring my phone from scratch again or is there a method to update to the latest without having to go into clockwork recovery and install the zip file ?

leftspin

Reaction score
i installed cm shadow 137 or 138 build (beginning of november), where can i find out what improvements the nightly builds include over previous builds ? if i decide to update my build, would i be reconfiguring my phone from scratch again or is there a method to update to the latest without having to go into clockwork recovery and install the zip file ?

The regular nightlies aren't the GB builds. Either way though, the changelog should be available from wherever you download the ROM from, and since it is the same ROM you can keep all your settings and data because you don't have to factory reset when you flash it.

ColinZack, I haven't had a problem with the CM4DX GB builds either and I've run almost every one. Sounds to me like it's a problem with the app, not the ROM, or maybe a bad install of CM7

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wipe cache and flash the newest nightly over your current one. No need to wipe data

Boot Manager

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Just wipe cache and flash the newest nightly over your current one. No need to wipe data

Boot Manager

I have also seen it recommended that you wipe data on CM settings. But that may just be for versions that have things added/removed.

zero7404

Reaction score
The regular nightlies aren't the GB builds.

the android version is 2.3.7, thats gb if im not mistaken. i still havent flashed a newer nightly as theres no description of whats been improved in each one ...

posted via android

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
the android version is 2.3.7, thats gb if im not mistaken. i still havent flashed a newer nightly as theres no description of whats been improved in each one ...

posted via android

What leftspin means is that the regular (official) nightlies do not require the same kernel as GB to flash, not that they are not GB ROMs.

leftspin

Reaction score
thanks for clarifying, JSM! I was talking about the kernels, not the ROM itself

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
thanks for clarifying, JSM! I was talking about the kernels, not the ROM itself

No problem! This is a bit off-topic but it does get pretty confusing the way the community (myself included, although I have been changed the way I phrase things) throws around the terms "froyo based" and "GB based." We know we typically mean the kernel version but it is confusing for people not used to it.

/rant

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks for clarifying ... so is there any info out there or place to go to determine what's changed with each nightly ?

OP
C

ColinZack

Reaction score
The regular nightlies aren't the GB builds. Either way though, the changelog should be available from wherever you download the ROM from, and since it is the same ROM you can keep all your settings and data because you don't have to factory reset when you flash it.

ColinZack, I haven't had a problem with the CM4DX GB builds either and I've run almost every one. Sounds to me like it's a problem with the app, not the ROM, or maybe a bad install of CM7

Don't know why I didn't get notifications that people responded, but I've installed and uninstalled the music app numerous times and it hasn't helped at all. I suppose it could be a bad install of CM7, but the latest update I just downloaded didn't fix it either.

leftspin

Reaction score
Don't know why I didn't get notifications that people responded, but I've installed and uninstalled the music app numerous times and it hasn't helped at all. I suppose it could be a bad install of CM7, but the latest update I just downloaded didn't fix it either.

have you tried clearing the data for the app? maybe even when you uninstall it some file is left behind and that file is the reason the app is misbehaving

OP
C

ColinZack

Reaction score
yeah I've tried that as well. its not a huge deal for now as I've just moved some music to local storage, just wondering if anyone else ran into the issue. Next update maybe I'll just wipe everything.