Newbie with a simple , I think, problem

Steveintx

Reaction score
I'm a new Droid Global 2 owner and I am on my learning curve. I have got most of it but the one simple thing I can't seem to find is how to delete anything. Stuff like received text messages, phone calls, and e-mails. The manual shows how to do a lot of thinks but not delete. I know this is probably simple but I'm having trouble with it. Please help.

Thanks

St
eve

jchammer123

Reaction score
Just long press on what you want to delete. Or hit the menu button.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

Steveintx

Reaction score
One more question

Thanks for the reply. Now how do you delete an app. Just pressing on it doesn't do anything and when I drag it to the trash can, nothing happens, it's still there.

Thanks

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
If it is something you have installed from the market. Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > *app* > Uninstall

If it was an app that came with your phone, you may not be able to unless you are rooted.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Now how do you delete an app. Just pressing on it doesn't do anything and when I drag it to the trash can, nothing happens, it's still there.

Thanks

Try to download the adao uninstaller. It's extremely easy to download apps with that :)

Sent from my ADR6300

OP
S

Steveintx

Reaction score
Please explain rooted

You said that I may not be able to remove apps that came with my phone unless it's rooted. What is rooted and how do I use it to delete unwanted apps?

Thanks

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
You said that I may not be able to remove apps that came with my phone unless it's rooted. What is rooted and how do I use it to delete unwanted apps?

Thanks

Rooting is where you break the shackles that verizon has put you in with the phone. You can flash custom ROM's and Kernels. It pretty much frees up your phone to do whatever you want with it. But, it also voids any warranty you have on your phone. And if you delete any apps that verizon put on your phone, then you won't be able to update. That's why most routed people trend to just freeze the unnecessary apps instead of deleting them.

Sent from my ADR6300

OP
S

Steveintx

Reaction score
OK, Freeze?

Thanks for the info but how do I freeze the apps I don't want?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

You will need to root first and then get Titanium Backup Pro to freeze them. Rooting the D2G is pretty easy though.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

You will need to root first and then get Titanium Backup Pro to freeze them. Rooting the D2G is pretty easy though.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

Or you could use boat freezer. It's cheaper than titanium back up. But titanium backup has more to offer

Sent from my ADR6300