Newbie needing to find basic info on the Droid?

dreemesicle

Reaction score
As I said in my first post, I'm new to the site and so glad I found you guys!
I could really use some help :icon_frown: I'm a little confused about where and how to find information for people that are new to the Droid world, like myself. My Motorola Droid should be here in couple of days. Since I've never owned a Droid or any type of SmartPhone/PDA, I know absolutely nothing about it.
Where can I find information on this site for newbies like myself?
Anything and everything I need to know about the Droid?
Thanks a bunch!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of our mods is working on a FAQ's section specifically for that. Look in the Droid Faqs section as he has already started posting stuff in there. Alot of other things can be learned simply by reading alot of the posting, or just ones that you think would have good info in them.

J

JohnDroid

Best way to learn is also to just digg in and play! Once you get your phone you just keep tinkering with it and find all kinds of new stuff.

OP
D

dreemesicle

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm on my way to the FAQ section. I appreciate all of your help!
Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
Also it may be helpful if you go to Motorola's site and download the User Manual. A full manual does not ship with the phone for some reason. And come back here with other questions.

As a total noob to smartphones myself, my first hints:
a) It turns on by the button on the very top right (lol-took me a few to figure that out)
b) Get the touch/release, flickr, touch & hold thing figured out. Love your Droid, touch it often.
c) Utilize the menu button at the bottom of the phone. This sort of has the easter egg "pop up" type functionality like Windows right-click on the mouse as a comparison.
d) The little "vibrating" when you touch & hold and drag things IS normal. You can turn it off if you dont like it under Settings I think. I personally like it.

Good luck when you get your Droid!

OP
D

dreemesicle

Reaction score
Thanks PhoenixDroid. I'll download the manual for sure. When I called Verizon to order the Droid the CS rep told me that it comes with headset, charger, screensavers(3) and a HUGE users guide :mad: LOL.
Thanks again!

graff_king

Reaction score
"huge" users guide is no bigger than a quick start guide because that is what it is. Once the device is in your hands you will find all sorts of neat things. I came from a blackberry and can't put mine down