Newbie here from Dallas

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Greetings my fellow Droid users. I just wanted to introduce myself...I'm Droidgirl_Dallas or you can just call me Dallas.

Today I ordered a Droid 2. Within a week I will be saying good-bye to my Blackberry Tour. It's a little bittersweet, but I wanted to take a chance and try a different phone. I have been with Blackberry for quite some time and have enjoyed it - but you know how that goes..change is a good thing. Sorry but I am NOT an iPhone fan. I've touched my share of them and they creep me out.

As I wait for my D2 to show up I am starting to read as much material about the phone as I can.

I'm alittle confused about how the apps work...which ones are free and which ones cost? Another apps question I have if anyone can answer...
There are some apps I currently have on my Tour that I would like to have on the D2 but I'm not finding the right info to see if this is even possible.

Facebook
Flixster
Slacker Radio
NFL Mobile

Also I want to use my SIM card from my Tour for my D2. It's 8GB and I have pictures on there I would like to keep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any of you can point me to a particular forum that I should read - that would help too.

I am really looking forward to getting this phone. As far as I'm concerned the only thing that technology could do better is invent the brain chip...which I think will happen in the far future.

Peace! dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. The Droid 2 is a very nice phone. Check out the entire section for the Droid 2 in the Forum (click the Forum tab above). You will find plenty to read there while waiting for your phone.

The apps ar in the market and are listed by free or paid so it is easy to distinguish. The four apps you listed are in the market (Flixter returned Movies).

The Droid uses an SD card. You can copy anything on your current card to you computer then to the SD card on you Droid 2.

Hope this is helpful and that you enjoy you time on the forum.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: Dallas

As far as the apps go, once you get your phone and go into the Market it is set-up so you can easily differentiate between free and paid apps...the ones you speak of are available for free...I am not sure about the NFL one I know we have a few but if they are free is a different story, the D2 comes with an 8GB SD card (VZW doesn't use SIM cards) it would be best to get these pictures onto a computer and then plug in your D2 to your computer and click and drag the photos over...their are vital start up files stored on the Droids SD card and using another without formatting it first might not be a good idea

We have an entire section dedicated to the Droid 2 located here ---> Droid 2 Forum - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

It would probably save you some time if you don't already have a gmail account, to go ahead and make one, as you will be prompted to sign in upon powering up your new device

Any other questions you might have feel free to ask :wink:

OP
Droidgirl_Dallas

Droidgirl_Dallas

Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Thank you both for your info. I took care of my pictures and I plan to donate my Blackberry.

I'm really excited now. Last night I was able to get a hold of the manual and read the entire thing...lol! I need a life don't I?

Do you or know of someoneo on this forum who can create a black and white photo of the Chicago skyline for my Droid? I did look at the Gallery last night and the few Chicago pictures they did have were in color and too brightly colored.

Thanks again! dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The addiction to Android is quick! As for a photo check in the theme section or if you have a photo move it to your SD card and add as a wallpaper.

Mike