Newbee

fairoak

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm new to the forums, the Droid and Smartphones! I'm a true noob so please be gentle...

Just picked up my first Smartphone yesterday (Droid obviously) and there is a rather steep learning curve. But I've always loved Motorola phones starting with the "brick" and then on to the Star Tac (my first flip phone hehe)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm new to the forums, the Droid and Smartphones! I'm a true noob so please be gentle...

Just picked up my first Smartphone yesterday (Droid obviously) and there is a rather steep learning curve. But I've always loved Motorola phones starting with the "brick" and then on to the Star Tac (my first flip phone hehe)

In one sense you are lucky because your mind hasn't been poisoned by other smart phones so you don't have any "preconceived" ideas on how a smart phone should work.

I'm sure you'll love the Droid, but please keep in mind that it is not a computer. it's still just a phone and may not work quite as fast as you like it to, but in the end it's the best thing going. Welcome to the forum, make sure you stop by the FAQ page and let us know if there is any way we can help you.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've all experienced that overwhelming feeling when you get that first smartphone. You're in the right place to get all your answers to questions or to learn about really cool things about the phone. Welcome to DroidForums.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum

OP
F

fairoak

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome all. And yes I understand it's not a computer. (I have a desktop and laptop :p ) I've already gotten several helpful tips just browsing the forums..

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to Droid Forums!

You have to start somewhere, so I hope you feel like home here! Don't hesitate to ask!