Newbee needs help rooting

OP
G

gbright666

Reaction score
I'm considering rooting my droid x but need help in layman's terms what should I do first

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

aDroidman

Reaction score
READ!!! find out how to root DX on your computer with your technology knowledge. The biggest advice I can give to you is to read everything before you root.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

the5barrons

Reaction score
Look at abe21599. Thee is a couple links on his signature that explain everything. Specifically "rooted". Sorry on the droid forum via takatalk...I can't link or i'd put it here myself...lol.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

OP
G

gbright666

Reaction score
Can u not unroot the phone and if so how would they know

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You can unroot the phone any time you want. As long as there is no superuser app nobody will know.

However, the suggested method of returning a phone to Verizon is to wipe all personal data off it with a stock SBF.

OP
G

gbright666

Reaction score
Okay so what you're saying is I need to back up the phone before I root so that I can return it to complete factory settings how do I go about doing that

accellpo

Reaction score
Here you go man!

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

Root Froyo in one click! You can always unroot, so dont worry about it now. You can get lost with so much info. It can be overwhelming. If you need further help just let me know.

OP
G

gbright666

Reaction score
This app looks good to me but for my experience things that look good r too good to be true

That being said I have questions will this program unroot the phone

Also is there a way to back up the phone

accellpo

Reaction score
Its a fairly new app, and the unroot option will be in the next version coming soon, but the app is great! It takes about five minutes so just let it do its thing. You can make backups after you root. Not sure what you want to back up right now. Apps? You won't lose data or anything just by rooting. You seem nervous and you should read through that thread and see not one person has had an issue. One click and done.

Last edited: