New Version of Android Market gets Leaked Along with Google Music App and other stuff

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-market-test.jpg

Someone at Google either made a big mistake or a savvy marketing ploy recently. Some folks over at Tech From 10 recently got the newest 'test' version of the Android Market uploaded to their Samsung Galaxy S. Tech From 10 quickly took advantage of this incident and perused the test Market. They were able to get a good look at several different apps from Google that were intriguing, including the newest Google Music App, Google Gallery 3D New 10.2', 'Google - Camera v12' and 'Google Desk Clock 10'. None of the apps would actually function on their phone, but they got to peek at them. Here's what the source article had to say about the new stuff,
Visually, the new version is almost identical. The carousel of featured apps has been updated slightly, and apps now have a 'Content rating,' but that's it (image after the break). The interesting bit, however, is the inclusion of alpha and beta apps -- most notably, there's a new version of the Music app, which looks like a scaled-down version of the Android 3.0 Honeycomb Music app
android-3-music-player.jpg
They also took the liberty of uploading the apps, so others can check them out. Hit the source link to download them.

Source: Android.net via Switched

BAD2RAD

Reaction score
the only ones that actually installed for me was the wallpapers and gallery but neither worked or would let me use them ... others said unable to install ... on droid 1

mr_silent

Reaction score
You may have to remove the app your replacing to get it to install. I.E. remove the gallery app before installing the new gallery.
However the music app may be a bit more difficult to work. There must be a lib file that didn't get copied over or something. If I get it working ill post back.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bkircher

Reaction score
The music one worked just fine for me. The gallery one did not work on my Orig Droid 1.

acidbrn

Reaction score
the only ones that actually installed for me was the wallpapers and gallery but neither worked or would let me use them ... others said unable to install ... on droid 1

I was able to get the music app to install just fine. Is your droid rooted?

Big Ry

Reaction score
Music app works fine on my droid 2. It seems a bit laggy, but my D2 has been rather laggy in general recently :/

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk