new user

davidutefan

Reaction score
hi, I am a new Droid user in SW Wyoming. I had a Blackberry I loved until recently and my son talked me into switching to the Droid. So far I like it okay but I haven't figured it all out yet. I haven't really decided if I like it better than the Blackberry, yet but, so far it seems okay. I'm 47 years old and I don't adapt very well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi, I am a new Droid user in SW Wyoming. I had a Blackberry I loved until recently and my son talked me into switching to the Droid. So far I like it okay but I haven't figured it all out yet. I haven't really decided if I like it better than the Blackberry, yet but, so far it seems okay. I'm 47 years old and I don't adapt very well.

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. I'm a former Blackberry person myself. I'm also 10 years older then you are. :)

There is quite a learning curve to the Droid. First thing you have to do is forget everything you ever learned about Blackberry, and grasp the concept that this is a Google phone. Your contacts, email, calendar, is all backed up by Google. No more Desktop Manager. :)

I remember my first day basically just staring at the Droid wondering how in the heck was I going to use it. But I stayed with it and with the help of the Forum I made it. You can too.;)

And by joining the Forum you just got a whole bunch of new friends who can help you out. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. We are here to help.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. The Droid is an awesome phone. Give it a few days and you will get acclimated and once you do you will be hooked. I'll be 63 next month and have had a blast with my Droid.

We ain't too old to learn:icon_ peace:

Mike