New to this site/potential buyer...

JerryRecords

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm, like i said, a potential buyer, i currently own an LG Dare, and I'm lookin to upgrade to a better (browsing, navigating, blue-tooth supporting, responsive, more apps) phone.

The only thing keeping me back from buying one is the extra $30 added to my monthly bill for the data plan. I already have a premium plan, how much more premium could it get? I pay $160 for three lines already, i dont know if i should go for an extra $30.

ughh...this is hard...i need some comfort.

JLB09

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm, like i said, a potential buyer, i currently own an LG Dare, and I'm lookin to upgrade to a better (browsing, navigating, blue-tooth supporting, responsive, more apps) phone.

The only thing keeping me back from buying one is the extra $30 added to my monthly bill for the data plan. I already have a premium plan, how much more premium could it get? I pay $160 for three lines already, i dont know if i should go for an extra $30.

ughh...this is hard...i need some comfort.

I have no idea if this will help you, but you say you pay for three lines and you said you have a premium plan. Does that mean that you also have other family members on your plan, thus the three lines? A friend of mine mentioned right before I got my Droid, and I was also dreading the extra $30. a month, and she said had I looked into the sharing of minutes between our four lines. With so many of our calls between Verizon to Verizon, plus with the numbers entered in the friends and family she thought I might be able to share minutes. She said a Verizon rep could analyze this and tell me if I would save.

I was amazed even though all of the four users are on their phones with heavy usage, we would never go over the shared minutes of one of the more basic plans. I now will actually be saving almost $200. a month and now do not at all mind the $30. for the data plan. I have no idea your situation but you might call a Verizon rep and have them analyze what you have been paying to see if there is a better approach for you to save money.

DroidPilot

Reaction score
JLB brings up a very good point about the usage if most of you calling is VZW to VZW handsets. Don't forget that if you have a new VZW plan you probably have Friends and Family as well, so that will help to reduce your pay for minute usage.

VZW also has a website to check phone numbers to see if their currently VZW numbers - Verizon Wireless - Mobile to Mobile Calling Family

As far as the extra $30 for the data......it's worth it. It's quite fast in most areas of the country. I know this first hand because of what I do. I am in 8 to 12 different cities a week and have yet to have any real issues with data.

I recently had the $50/mo data plan w/ my last handset (HTC TouchPro) - I have not realized and difference in my data access since I switched to the $30 plan w/ my Droid.

I hope this helps

Prost!
Doug