New to the forum.. general question.

S3AN

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just signed up, new to the site :icon_ banana: I must say that the Droid is pretty beastly. It does everything I need it to do and then some (I love that I can put a $hit ton of my own personal dvd collection on it and watch classic flicks when ever i want!!) :)

Here is my question. I know that the android market place is, well, new-ish, but when are we going to get some games that will live up to, and/or equal the quality of some recent iPhone games ( ie. games with kick ass 3d graphics, running the UNREAL engine etc... im sure you get my drift, the games for the iPhone are just insane) but anyway.... when do you guys think developers will jump on the wagon and start making games that are actually worth paying for? Thanks for you input! :reddroid:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just signed up, new to the site :icon_ banana: I must say that the Droid is pretty beastly. It does everything I need it to do and then some (I love that I can put a $hit ton of my own personal dvd collection on it and watch classic flicks when ever i want!!) :)

Here is my question. I know that the android market place is, well, new-ish, but when are we going to get some games that will live up to, and/or equal the quality of some recent iPhone games ( ie. games with kick ass 3d graphics, running the UNREAL engine etc... im sure you get my drift, the games for the iPhone are just insane) but anyway.... when do you guys think developers will jump on the wagon and start making games that are actually worth paying for? Thanks for you input! :reddroid:

There are now 20,000 apps in the app store. I don't think that the Droid will be a gaming phone as much as the iPhone because quite honestly the iPhone is more of a toy.

I've never really understood the logic of gaming on a phone. Keep in mind I'm 57 years old so many of the things younger people do with their phones doesn't make sense to me but the gaming thing I really don't understand. Gaming should be done on an Xbox, or PS3, IMHO. How you can do it on a tiny screen or why people want to do it is beyond me.

It probably will improve but keep in mind Droid has only been out less then 2 months. It took the iPhone 3 years for MMS.

Oh and welcome to the forum. I know I didn't help much, just trying to put a little perspective on it.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Well no one can really predict this, BUT I think 2010 is going to be huge for the Android market. I admit I really didn't know much about Android until Verizon jumped on the bandwagon. I think this alliance with the largest U.S. carrier will raise Android awareness with the general public which will in turn sell more devices. Though not confirmed, the Moto Droid may have sold 1 million units already, plus a dozen or so more Android phones will launch in early 2010. That's a huge influx of potential customers to the market which will attract developers. Believe me by this time next year, there will likely be too many games to choose from.

OP
S3AN

S3AN

Reaction score

There are now 20,000 apps in the app store. I don't think that the Droid will be a gaming phone as much as the iPhone because quite honestly the iPhone is more of a toy.

I've never really understood the logic of gaming on a phone. Keep in mind I'm 57 years old so many of the things younger people do with their phones doesn't make sense to me but the gaming thing I really don't understand. Gaming should be done on an Xbox, or PS3, IMHO. How you can do it on a tiny screen or why people want to do it is beyond me.

It probably will improve but keep in mind Droid has only been out less then 2 months. It took the iPhone 3 years for MMS.

Oh and welcome to the forum. I know I didn't help much, just trying to put a little perspective on it.

True, gaming on a phone may be irrelevant, however with the capabilities that the droid has, does one really need ANY of the features that the droid has? I mean, if the phone can do GPS, browse the internet, take video, take pictures, all the ridiculous apps, etc... why not gaming? Yes i know the purpose of a phone is to make calls, but with technology growing like it is, why the hell not! :p And tiny screen gaming devices have been around for YEARS, ie, game boy, game boy color, game boy advance, sega game gear, DS... the list goes on and on..... so having a small screen really is no problem for me, and for most users (especially since the droid screen is so bright and has a great resolution!)