New to the Droid world

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
hello all,

I've had a Droid X for a few months now and have been wanting to be able to take screen shots but all the apps say i need to be rooted. So i got curious and read about it a bit and found out my phone has A LOT more to offer. Now im here hopefully to learn how to successfully root it with out "bricking" it. I'm definetly a noob to all this but i plan to do a lot of reading before i attempt it.

Wish me luck! :motdroidvert:

Matte242

Reaction score
Its almost impossible to brick your phone.....use z4root if you are a noob and want an easy way to root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
The best thing to do is prepare for the worst and know what to do. If youplan on flashing other Roms be sure to read the instructions carefully. Download the sbf files and drivers to a home pc just in case ( you can find them in the droid x section or perchase the team black hat app).
Once you are familiar with what to do and how to fix your phone if you screw up you will open up a whole new world of possibilitys.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! There are many of us who have rooted our phones. If you need help post a thread in the hacking section and the community will assis you.

Mike

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. its not as bad as it seems if done correctly. but they mentioned, reading and having a backup just in case.

Droid2Global/Xoom... IMUA Hawaii

OP
The Stig 04

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Sweet. Thanks for the positive support!