New to learning about Droid & forums!

BPHoosier

Reaction score
Loving most things about my Droid but not sure where is best place to find answers to my questions. Hence I have landed here as well as another "Android Forum". Hopefully, I will eventually be able to help others. A few informative points below:
  • Bought my Droid back in Dec. of 2009
  • Know little to nothing about navigating around forums
  • Engineer by profession...but ignorant thus far with new techie stuff
I look forward to learning and working with others to learn!

Thanks!

(now where do I go and can anyone read this?)

:motdroidvert:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loving most things about my Droid but not sure where is best place to find answers to my questions. Hence I have landed here as well as another "Android Forum". Hopefully, I will eventually be able to help others. A few informative points below:
  • Bought my Droid back in Dec. of 2009
  • Know little to nothing about navigating around forums
  • Engineer by profession...but ignorant thus far with new techie stuff
I look forward to learning and working with others to learn!

Thanks!

:welcome: to the Droid Forums, we're glad to have you here. I recommend that you start with our FAQ's, then head on over to the General Discussion page. That will keep you busy for a while and will really help you get to know your Droid better. Read all the "Stickies" at the top of each sub forum you visit, there is valuable information there. If you get stuck along the way, just ask for help. That's what we're all here for, to help and learn from each other.:)

You may not need this but I'm including a pdf on how the Droid works, simple features, etc.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...tatic-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Reminds me of Horton Hears a Who, "we are here, we are here" :) Welcome aboard. As an engineer you will have as much fun figuring out the forums as figuring out your phone, which in turn will let you figure out your phone even more! Was there something in particular that landed you here?

There is a search button up top but forum searches don't always work as well as we'd like. A google search of "site:droidforums.net grc" without the quotes often times will work for you if the forum search comes up empty for you.

To participate in Active Topics I click that link up at the top of the page, and keep clicking it to refresh the page, to watch as folks respond to various threads. The homepage has some areas on the left and news down the middle. And the link next to Active Topics for Forum lets you see all the subsections. Enjoy!