New to forum & where to buy my upgrade?

krnndug

Reaction score
My name is Doug and I have been waiting to use my upgrade from OG for a while now. I found this forum a couple of weeks ago and see some people with terrific knowledge who are very helpful. Thanks.

As for my upgrade, I am leaning towards the Bionic but am wondering where to get it. I could of course buy from VZ but will pay a lot more than anywhere else. Amazon has it for 179, Costco has it for 199 but that comes with dock(s), extra battery and car charger and I found another on-line retailer selling it for 129. Where would the best place be to buy it. I am also thinking of waiting for Droid 4 / Nexus release but I have a spinal fusion on Dec 8 and will not have time to get one for a few weeks afterwards. I guess if I had one shipped I could get it while laid up recovering, but I was sort of hoping to have one for my stay in the hospital. What would you do?

I guess I sort of like the ability to move my cursor with directional arrows on a keyboard but I mostly use Swype for my texts and it helps when I make a mistake. Small adjustment but it would be an adjustment.

Thanks,
Doug

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
First. Welcome to the forum Doug!

The Bionic is a great phone!
Why don't you want to go with the Rezound or the Razr though?

As to the D4, I doubt it will be released on the 8th. I would wait for the Gnex, but I don't blame you for wanting to have a new toy for the hospital!
If you buy your phone at Costco, you have 90 days to exchange the phone. You could buy a Bionic, play with it at the hospital then return it for the gnex after! :)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Welcome to the forum!!!!

Lots of good choices right now with the RAZR, Rezound, Bionic and upcoming Galaxy Nexus and Droid 4. Great time to be a smartphone buyer.

As far as where to get it that requires a little shopping around. Sometimes VZW has the lower price. Other time 3rd party sellers do. And even big box stores sometimes have the best deals. For instance the Bionic can be had through VZW for $199 right now. Sams has it for $224. Best Buy $249 and Amazon.com for $179. All of these prices are with a new 2 year contract. best thing to do is decide which phone you want and then start price shopping. Keep in mind too that Best Buy will match competitors prices. Even VZE corporate stores.

OP
K

krnndug

Reaction score
I did try to buy the Rezound from Costco nline this past Friday. They had it as an upgrade for $49. I printed offer and brought it in to the store but they didn't have any and they didn't know when they were getting them in. I didn't complete the order online since it said I had to select a data option even though I want to keep my current iunlimited plan. As for the Razr, I like the ability to add memory if needed and from reading the posts it is very similar, almost identical to the Bionic. I do like the phone, it feels like a pretty tough phone for as thin as it is.

I forgot about the 90 days, although I am from a retail ownership background and don't want merchandise to be used...I know, I am an old putz, but this cuts into profits and increases prices down the road. I know we can always wait on the next great phone but then we will never get one since they become outdated about a week after you get one.

I know that the package with the Costco Bionic is pretty valuable and usable...and extra battery is always helpful. I am going to call the Costco cell company and ask about that upgrade. I am willing to wait a while for that price if I can get it!!!

I hate the low memory on the OG, can't wait to no longer see that icon on my status bar!!!

Thanks for your suggestions and I look forward to seeing other suggestions if they come. What about the Charge for .96 at Sam's?

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I did try to buy the Rezound from Costco nline this past Friday. They had it as an upgrade for $49. I printed offer and brought it in to the store but they didn't have any and they didn't know when they were getting them in. I didn't complete the order online since it said I had to select a data option even though I want to keep my current iunlimited plan. As for the Razr, I like the ability to add memory if needed and from reading the posts it is very similar, almost identical to the Bionic. I do like the phone, it feels like a pretty tough phone for as thin as it is.

I forgot about the 90 days, although I am from a retail ownership background and don't want merchandise to be used...I know, I am an old putz, but this cuts into profits and increases prices down the road. I know we can always wait on the next great phone but then we will never get one since they become outdated about a week after you get one.

I know that the package with the Costco Bionic is pretty valuable and usable...and extra battery is always helpful. I am going to call the Costco cell company and ask about that upgrade. I am willing to wait a while for that price if I can get it!!!

I hate the low memory on the OG, can't wait to no longer see that icon on my status bar!!!

Thanks for your suggestions and I look forward to seeing other suggestions if they come. What about the Charge for .96 at Sam's?

Bionic owner here. Very satisfied ... other phones listed are also very beast tho!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. I would just decide what takes precedence for you and make your decision based on that. dancedroid