New to Droid

Sunspirt

Reaction score
Migrating from a HTC Touch Pro 2. Hoping the Droid will be more than an expensive pocket warmer. Although, pocket warmers are nice. I'm mostly a lurker looking for how to get some good usage out of my new toy. I'm also a little leery with the thought of Google having a data base of all the emails, contacts and calender information from it's Droid users. Wondering what's next... So much technology, so little time...:p

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Migrating from a HTC Touch Pro 2. Hoping the Droid will be more than an expensive pocket warmer. Although, pocket warmers are nice. I'm mostly a lurker looking for how to get some good usage out of my new toy. I'm also a little leery with the thought of Google having a data base of all the emails, contacts and calender information from it's Droid users. Wondering what's next... So much technology, so little time...:p

:welcome: to tthe Droid Forums. I have been using Gmail for years now, probably about 5 and never have had an issue with them. I don't know where the bad rep comes from but Google makes good products. I have everything Google these days, calendar, email. I depend a lot on Google.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Been using Gmail since it launched, have 7 accounts. Never a problem with them.

Welcome to the Forum...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Like my colleagues, I use Gmail and even Exchange, on my Droid, without any issues.

Mike

OP
S

Sunspirt

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I guess I have a bit of paranoia over what the long term ramifications might be, knowing that one company is quickly becoming the gatekeeper for everyone's personal information. When I think of it, "Pinky and the Brain" come to mind and takes the edge off. :laugh: A little anonymity would be nice. I generally like to play it close to the chest. It's fun to keep people guessing. This little nugget has just gotten under my skin. I'll just go on pretending that every key stoke and phone call, in my life, is not being recorded on the interwebs. Ha...

I don't know if this post is a sign of too much sugar or not enough. Off to investigate...

Backnblack,
You rock...:rockon:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Is that yours and can I use it elsewhere?