new to droid x and other smartphones

puckman

Reaction score
Would like to find the best way to use my droid and learn all it can do. I just got it for christmas went to a verizon store at bj and ask if there was a manual for the phone and was told no. I did get a small panflet.
Can someone tell me the best way to learn how to use it. Don't even know what " rooted " means.

Thanks for any help.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Ok you seem confused. You said Droid X but you posted in Droid 2 Tech Issues section. Do you know what kinda phone you have? The most important step in knowing how to use your phone is knowing what phone you bought.

sent from my Liberty infused Droid 2

pool_shark

Reaction score
You came to a good board. You can search for almost anything you would like to know and find it. If not hear try google and androidforums.com.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
He says in his phone description it's an X. Moved to X General Discussion.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Would like to find the best way to use my droid and learn all it can do. I just got it for christmas went to a verizon store at bj and ask if there was a manual for the phone and was told no. I did get a small panflet.
Can someone tell me the best way to learn how to use it. Don't even know what " rooted " means.

Thanks for any help.

Just read through some of the topics in this forum, that will probably be your greatest resource for learning how to use your Droid X. There are many knowledgeable people on here, most of whom are willing to help. Just make sure you post in the appropriate forums and don't threadjack other peoples threads. Anyways here is a link where you can download the user manual, this should help.

http://www.verizon-phones.org/motorola-verizon-droid-x-user-manualguide-in-pdf.html

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CxUNG

Reaction score
^ What that person said. You can view the pdf or request a manual from motorola.com they'll send you one if you register your fone. Then you'll get the manual by fedex in a couple days ALL FREE.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

OP
P

puckman

Reaction score
I am not a where of how things operate on this site so if I confused people on how I went about my postings , excuse me. I will sit back and see how things run . Thanks for all the hep.

Beka27

Reaction score
Starting basic... do you have a handle on phone calls, emails, text messages? After that, you can start thinking about customizing wallpapers, ringtones, and setting up your homescreens. From there you can explore Launcher replacements and icon packs to change the look of your phone.

There is a lot you can do without being rooted. You don't want to even think about root until you have a good amount of expertise with the workings of the phone.

dtsig

Reaction score
Also checkout the Droid X Forum That forum deals strickly with Droid X.
Here an there you will get a lot of good information. Be sure to know your phone before you start to root and modify. Read Read Read

OP
P

puckman

Reaction score
thanks again for the info . I will checkout the droid x forum.