New to Droid- Outlook Sync App

rabooze

Reaction score
I am new to the Droid and need the best solution to sync my Outlook with the Droid. I am not on an exchange server but I want my emails from Outlook on my phone so when I am away from the computer I can pull old ones up. I also would like to sync calendars. I tried the Companion Sync app and hated it. It deleted out my Android contacts and for awhile I couldn't call anyone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

PARick

Reaction score
I am new to the Droid and need the best solution to sync my Outlook with the Droid. I am not on an exchange server but I want my emails from Outlook on my phone so when I am away from the computer I can pull old ones up. I also would like to sync calendars. I tried the Companion Sync app and hated it. It deleted out my Android contacts and for awhile I couldn't call anyone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

I have found the $20 I spent on Touchdown to be the best $ I have spent on any app. It has what you need and more. Great support as well. Try the free version and see if you like it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Touchdown is an Exchange client, not an Outlook sync app.

As always, see Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange and consider existing threads on the topic.

I am not on an exchange server but I want my emails from Outlook on my phone so when I am away from the computer I can pull old ones up.
Your email app will connect directly to your mail server for email. Your device will not interact with Outlook for email. Whether or not your can sync old email depends on your email account. Not all accounts are capable of sync (such as POP). Outlook really doesn't tell us anything about your email account. Outlook is a client that supports a wide range of email account types.

Last edited:

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Google has a program that will sync your outlook calendar with your Gmail calendar, and since your droid is linked through Gmail, it will be linked to your phone.

I just did the same thing with my work email to my Gmail account. You can also sync contacts.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
R

rabooze

Reaction score
My real issue right now is getting my old emails out of Outlook onto my Droid so that I can pull them up as needed. It only pushed the last 200 once I set up the account. Does anyone have a way to do this? I don't need them to constantly sync as I get them on both my PC and the Droid, just want to get my old ones on to the device. I am not on an Exchange server. My business email is through GoDaddy, so its a POP3.