new to droid...little advice?

jdip23

Reaction score
coming from a blackberry and iphone4 and never having a droid phone....i was just wondering is the customization for like ringtones, text notifications, etc...on the new droix x comparable to the blackberry or iphone4 more. i hate the iphone since its so restrictive on its alerts personalization like amount of rings, vibrates etc...

also, there is no status light for the droid x correct? ill miss that but oh well.

hendrix

Reaction score
As far as I know there is a status light on the Droid X.

As far as rings and things go, I have never used either of those devices. Stock android is semi limited (in my opinion) as to what you can do, but there are apps such as RingsExtended and Ringdroid that let you customize things a lot more.

magikmarkur

Reaction score
coming from a blackberry and iphone4 and never having a droid phone....i was just wondering is the customization for like ringtones, text notifications, etc...on the new droix x comparable to the blackberry or iphone4 more. i hate the iphone since its so restrictive on its alerts personalization like amount of rings, vibrates etc...

also, there is no status light for the droid x correct? ill miss that but oh well.

I had a :blackberry: and I have been using my friends Droid for the last few weeks leading up to the Droid X release. (I broke my storm 2; Thank God :icon_ banana:) The Droid is way more customizable than the blackberry. I'm sure the X will be the same. And if not, like the other member stated there are tons of apps out there that can make it more customizable. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid