New to Droid, Have questions

lizann0708

Reaction score
My email to hotmail was set up by Verizon last week when I bought phone. Worked great until the last two days and no longer receiving emails. Even tried deleting acct and recreating and still not able to work. HELP!

I also heard that there is some app to help make the home page have 7 pages instead of just the three. Does anyone know the name of it?

I can not figure out a lot on the phone and hope this place will help. My two teenagers got the same phone too! And I am teaching them things. LOL!

Reaction score
Not sure about your hotmail question, but for the additional screens, look for Launcher Pro Beta or ADW Launcher in the market. Both of them are very, very good and can be set up to have up to 7 screens.

OP
L

lizann0708

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you.....

Thank you so much. Verizon told me about an app that would do that last Sunday and I have been searching since. Could not find anything! Thank you so much!!!

cromo8

Reaction score
instead of just adding the email, try doing a manual set up picking your ports and such

Reaction score
No problem! Both of those have a bunch of different settings you can tweak too. Once it's installed if you push the menu key, you'll see "preferences" as an option (if you're using Launcher Pro) or "ADW settings" (I think that's what it's called) if you're using ADW. Click on those things and you can play around with the different settings, like the number of screens, which screen to make your default screen, how fast you want it to scroll, etc. etc.

With Launcher Pro, if you hold down on one of the four static icons at the bottom, you can change the shortcuts to whatever you want. With ADW, you have two static I think, but if you flick the launcher button up, it opens a little drawer that can hold up to 6 more icons I believe.

OP
L

lizann0708

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thank you so much for that helpful hint. I went to hotmail and searched in help to get the settings. I am getting my emails now that I set them up manually. My outgoing will not send but at least I am receiving emails for the time being. Thanks again for the help.