New to Droid & forum

HotRodGyrl

Reaction score
Hey just got my Droid yesterday. Still trying to figure it out and see IF I want to keep it. The speed is amazing, the battery not so much. I'm a BAD mltitasker and WILL drain a battery in a heartbeat..lol

As for now, I'm just trying to figure out HOW I can make the screen turn in landscape mode without opening then closing the keyboard. I like the onscreen keyboard...:)

:motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey just got my Droid yesterday. Still trying to figure it out and see IF I want to keep it. The speed is amazing, the battery not so much. I'm a BAD mltitasker and WILL drain a battery in a heartbeat..lol

As for now, I'm just trying to figure out HOW I can make the screen turn in landscape mode without opening then closing the keyboard. I like the onscreen keyboard...:)

:motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Are you talking about your home screen in landscape without opening the drawer? Can't be done if that's what you're talking about I think you can do that with Launcher or Home ++. Those are apps you can get from the Market.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Once you get used to and hooked on your Droid I truly doubt you will return.
It is an amazing device. Take some time and search and read. You will not be disappointed.

Mike

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Glad you like it so far. The battery is never really an issue for me since i am around a computer or an outlet all day long. I came from an LG voyager, and let me tell you... I would never go back.. even if you paid me. I had given the phone to my friend because it was an upgrade to what he was using prior. I went to use the phone on day to look at one of his contacts, and i could barely remember how to use it.

OP
HotRodGyrl

HotRodGyrl

Reaction score
Thank you everyoe for the great welcome. I am a tech geek and love technology. I previously had a BB Curve that I had for the longest time (the contract time). Before that, I was changing phone every few months paying the actual cost and wasting SO much money lol

It was between this and another BB (mostly for the messenger). I went to the store and fiddled with the phone, but that doesn't do it justice, never does. I then called Verizon and spoke with the same guy I spoke with previous about it b4 my contract ran out. He has had both and said I would LOVE the Droid once I get use to it and won't even worry about the BB messenger.

Well, it's 3:30 my time and my battery is about dead if not already from me playing all day on it. He did mention that would happen b/c I'm a MASSIVE multitasker and an an impatient on at that lol

I found some AWESOME apps in the market which I have downloaded.

As far as the rotating of the screen, when I get ready to use the browser, do a text, anything to use the on screen keypad I turn it conter clockwise and it doesn't do it. Now when I'm walking or holding it it does it sometime...do I need to shake it? lmao

Other then the battery power which is my fault, I love it so far. Gotta get back use to the touch screen lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyoe for the great welcome. I am a tech geek and love technology. I previously had a BB Curve that I had for the longest time (the contract time). Before that, I was changing phone every few months paying the actual cost and wasting SO much money lol

It was between this and another BB (mostly for the messenger). I went to the store and fiddled with the phone, but that doesn't do it justice, never does. I then called Verizon and spoke with the same guy I spoke with previous about it b4 my contract ran out. He has had both and said I would LOVE the Droid once I get use to it and won't even worry about the BB messenger.

Well, it's 3:30 my time and my battery is about dead if not already from me playing all day on it. He did mention that would happen b/c I'm a MASSIVE multitasker and an an impatient on at that lol

I found some AWESOME apps in the market which I have downloaded.

As far as the rotating of the screen, when I get ready to use the browser, do a text, anything to use the on screen keypad I turn it conter clockwise and it doesn't do it. Now when I'm walking or holding it it does it sometime...do I need to shake it? lmao

Other then the battery power which is my fault, I love it so far. Gotta get back use to the touch screen lol

It only works in landscape with the camera key up. It doesn't do a full 360, if that's what you were thinking.

No shanking is necessary.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome HotRodGyrl.....I hope you enjoy your new Droid....and I hope it fits in to your life and your needs out of a phone....because it really is a great piece of technology and believe me, it can take just about anything you can throw at it... :)