New to droid (ex-bb user)

Fireproof1905

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new to the droid world.... I come from the world of blackberry. and after gettng me new phone wonder why i didnt' do it sooner... I have a moto droid from big red and am looking to maximize it's use. I just updated to the 2.1 but after reading here am very interrested in rooting my phone...thing is i know nothing about rooting and don't want ot screw my phone up.. but i'm sure there's plenty of smart people who could help.. I've watched videos on rooting but not really sure or cofident to root with the new update.. I would be grateful if some person would like to help me root my phone so any takers just him me up...
thanks and i look forward to rooting and haning round the fourm...

thanks
fireproof1905:motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new to the droid world.... I come from the world of blackberry. and after gettng me new phone wonder why i didnt' do it sooner... I have a moto droid from big red and am looking to maximize it's use. I just updated to the 2.1 but after reading here am very interrested in rooting my phone...thing is i know nothing about rooting and don't want ot screw my phone up.. but i'm sure there's plenty of smart people who could help.. I've watched videos on rooting but not really sure or cofident to root with the new update.. I would be grateful if some person would like to help me root my phone so any takers just him me up...
thanks and i look forward to rooting and haning round the fourm...

thanks
fireproof1905:motdroidvert::icon_ banana:

First of all, welcome to the forum, Fireproof1905! If you're on 2.1, you're going to have a little wait (no one's sure exactly how long) to root it, as the "hole" that was found to root the software in the first place has been closed up. I'm sure the new one (if it exists) will be found... soon.

:welcome:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new droid. :byeBB:

One thing to know about rooting is it WILL void your phones warranty so if something does mess up on your phone you will not be able to get a replacement. Something to think about before you root.

OP
Fireproof1905

Fireproof1905

Reaction score
thanks nice to meet everyone i just got that clock mod from the market and like it would just like to get eh speed outta the phone that the processor allows

Mluna909

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I'm still on vz BB Storm but had peral, tour, storm1 and 2 and I'm anticipating my Driod X to be deleivered in the next couple of days. It's a little bittersweet, I'm excited yet wondering if I'll be missing my BBM. But after reading most post, looks like noone has looked back again. (fingers crossed)