New to Droid and Forum - have questions

DestinGuy

Reaction score
Had my Droid 5 days and I have a few questions. I would have sworn that when I first powered up on the unlock screen at the botton was a place to show an emergency contact number. I can't even find a place in contacts. Also, my home screen did not come with the clock showing at the top with weather as most are showing. Is this an app and which one. I am impressed so far as I have been suffering iphone envy for two years, but did not want to leave Verizon. My last phone was an LG Dare - not as smart. :)

JCo352

Reaction score
Had my Droid 5 days and I have a few questions. I would have sworn that when I first powered up on the unlock screen at the botton was a place to show an emergency contact number. I can't even find a place in contacts. Also, my home screen did not come with the clock showing at the top with weather as most are showing. Is this an app and which one. I am impressed so far as I have been suffering iphone envy for two years, but did not want to leave Verizon. My last phone was an LG Dare - not as smart. :)
im not sure about the emergenct contact, but you can get beautiful widgets in the market place for the clock and weather

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome, DestinGuy! No way to put an emergency number on the stock lock screen but there are several apps in the market - like Contact Owner. I think there's one called ICE and another called 911 for emergency information. Check them out. The clock and weather at the top of the home screen are usually on rooted Droids, and not on the stock model. Hope you enjoy your time here!