New Samsung Gear VR Leaks!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
GearVR-2016-Press.jpg

At this point we know pretty much everything there is to know about the Note 7. We expect just about zero surprises on Note 7 launch day. The one thing we have not seen much about is the new Samsung Gear VR. All we know is that their will be a new version to be compatible with the new USB Type-C. @Onleaks has leaked out some detailed info regarding the new Gear VR. While this is not ground breaking there are some subtle changes.

The head strap no longer has a connector to attach the over the head strap in the render provided. There is however a slit that may be where the over the head strap connects. The visor has been slimmed down a bit. The headset pictured is black instead of white. We don't have conformation as to how USB Type-C will be integrated yet. Rumors have it that the device will be backwards compatible with micro usb devices as well.

via nowhereelse

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I got a Samsung VR when I got my S7 Edge a week ago. Returned it a couple days later. The screen door effect was terrible on the Edge. Also, and this is a personal one for me, it gave me a massive eye ache after using it for maybe 30 minutes watching Netflix VR. I have a feeling it was seeing the pixels that killed my eyes. My wife swears she couldn't see the pixels/screen door effect. I think a 4K screen will be needed if not higher to alleviate some of those issues.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got a Samsung VR when I got my S7 Edge a week ago. Returned it a couple days later. The screen door effect was terrible on the Edge. Also, and this is a personal one for me, it gave me a massive eye ache after using it for maybe 30 minutes watching Netflix VR. I have a feeling it was seeing the pixels that killed my eyes. My wife swears she couldn't see the pixels/screen door effect. I think a 4K screen will be needed if not higher to alleviate some of those issues.
I had to opportunity to experience the VR last week while visiting my son who also as the S7 Edge, but I didn't see anything that you describe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk