New [ROM] ThunderBolt MIUI ICE CREAM SANDWICH

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

Thunderbolt users! You can now experience the speed and snappiness of Ice Cream Sandwich thanks to Developer " DroidVicious". He has taken the work of Galant, who have successfully merged the ICS frameworks to weekly MIUI ports, and has made the necessary modifications so that it boots up on your device! This Rom will look like the typical MIUI that you are used to seeing. The only difference will be in its enhanced performance being that it is running on the ICS frameworks!

View attachment 42888View attachment 42889

It should be noted that this is only the beginning for this rom. DroidVicious intends on putting more and more ICS features into this rom as he goes. In the end you should have something that you are well pleased with until a full working ICS port comes to your device. Even though this Rom doesn't come prethemed, it does come with MIUI themeing options so you could easily apply your own ICS theme, and even the ICS Launcher from the market to give this Rom a true Ice Cream Sandwhich look and feel. The most important thing here is that we are beginning to see ICS incorporated into our device!

This Rom does have a few bugs such as the MMS is still broken, and extended phone settings aren't accessible through the dialer. Other than that this is a daily driver rom! Most elements are working such as 4G/3G, phone calls, VM notifications, SMS messaging, WIFI, free tethering built in, 4 way Reboot options in power menu, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, video playback, sensors, and ambient lights, are all working in this build. Not to mention it includes all the extra goodies and apps that make MIUI what it is like, MIUI music app, MIUI camera, MIUI theme manager, toggles in pulldown, file manager, backup, torch and more. This should definitely keep you busy!

Grab the Rom here and Discuss!

Last edited:

Droiduto

Reaction score
It works like a charm. Yes there will b no picture messaging, and some applications from Market do not work (like car dock), It is super fast, gives you a lot of new options for personalization. I would like an app Launcher which is still missing, not going back to Gingerbread even with the few drawbacks. Can't wait for an updated version

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
It works like a charm. Yes there will b no picture messaging, and some applications from Market do not work (like car dock), It is super fast, gives you a lot of new options for personalization. I would like an app Launcher which is still missing, not going back to Gingerbread even with the few drawbacks. Can't wait for an updated version

I started using this ROM over the weekend on my TB along with Liquid. For the past year I've been trying to be stock, but the OEM UIs and bloat annoy me and I just can't shake how annoyed I am after a year of stock OS'es.

This ROM is REALLY NICE. No seriously... REALLY NICE. It stomps the other ROMS (most of them aren't even running GB).
I'll be donating and using this as my daily driver. With only two minor bugs it's a great ROM and it's only been out for less than a week.

I feel confident that it'll be flawless by the next update.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I started using this ROM over the weekend on my TB along with Liquid. For the past year I've been trying to be stock, but the OEM UIs and bloat annoy me and I just can't shake how annoyed I am after a year of stock OS'es.

This ROM is REALLY NICE. No seriously... REALLY NICE. It stomps the other ROMS (most of them aren't even running GB).
I'll be donating and using this as my daily driver. With only two minor bugs it's a great ROM and it's only been out for less than a week.

I feel confident that it'll be flawless by the next update.
What ROM(s) are you referring to? All the ones that are currently being supported and developed are all running GB.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm guilty of hyperbole. I tried 6 ROMs over the weekend and 2 were not GB. Change that "most" to "some".