New owner, two things driving me crazy

Hermes

Reaction score
Hello all, new Droid owner here.

I left my BB Storm on Monday and picked up a Droid. So far I'm loving it!! There are two issues that are driving me mad though.

1. While browsing I'll click on a link. Then I want to go back so I tap the back arrow and it brings me to the TOP of the page I was looking at. Any way possible the back arrow can bring me back to the exact spot so I don't have to scroll down again looking for that part of the page I was at?

2. The second thing that is annoying me is the zoom bar. Is there an option to shut it off? Every time I scroll down it pops up at the bottom right hand corner where I slide my thumb to scroll and sometimes it doesn't allow me to scroll. If I could disable it or move it to the left or center of the screen that would be great too.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like the stock browser and you arent getting along. Consider trying another one, like Dophin.

toddegreene

Reaction score
All the browsers I've used (stock, 2.1,dolphin and my favorite, xscope) take you back to the top of the page. I read why, but for the life of me can't remember.

Try xscope, it doesn't have the bar. It has pinch to zoom and pin zoom, a one finger zoom. Way corolla.

*Edit*...and by corolla, I mean cool. Damn predictive text.

Last edited:

ShowTime

Reaction score
You don't need to switch browsers. In the stock browser, instead of just clicking a link, long press on it. Then select "open in new window" from the list that appears. When you're done, the back button closes the new window and will be back at the same place on the previous screen. As for the zoom options, I don't know of any way to get rid of them. Perhaps scroll in the middle or left of the screen? Also, with 2.1 coming out this week, and its update for pinch zoom in the stock browser, it may take care if the problem for you.

edit: just noticed as I was scrolling back up within this thread... the zoom options don't show up for me just through webpage scrolling? I have to tap to zoom, then they show up. I don't see why/think they should be showing up if you're just scrolling up and down webpages....

Last edited: