New OMAP 4 Series: Make or Break

Reaction score
So with the new OMAP 4-Series (Dual-Core, with more than 1 GHz), there are gonna be some good phones coming out. But the new X is coming out THIS thursday.

Who is gonna wait and whos gonna go all out this Thurs.

Tell why! :)

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Im going to wait. If i get the X now there will end up being a phone twice as great coming out by Christmas. Which will be the Droid Pro.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No to X yes to Pro

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Droid Pro all the way, it's the phone to end all phones (IF, IFFFFF the bootloader isn't locked, damn you Moto listen to me FOR THE LOVE OF CUSTOMIZATION!!22@!@!

tktouch12

Reaction score
i will definitely wait (and possibly get an htc, unless the droid pro is just amazing)
i dont see why they would even want to lock it. it does no harm if we rom and theme are phone, so they might as well just let it happen. (its not like jailbreaking an iphone so you can get cracked apps, it does no one any harm (it makes us want their phone more..))

OP
C
Reaction score
Droid Pro all the way, it's the phone to end all phones (IF, IFFFFF the bootloader isn't locked, damn you Moto listen to me FOR THE LOVE OF CUSTOMIZATION!!22@!@!

I mean you say that now but... next year they'll have something better. And that will always be true. You just have to settle eventually. For now? Upgrading Eris > X is more than enough, and ill upgrade 2 years from now. or one... idk which. Ya know?

lockman

Reaction score
No X for me. My Droid makes me very happy. Now the Pro might tempt me. But, honestly, I might keep my current phone as long as possible, just because it's so damn durable.

iPirate

Reaction score
Wait held off on the Droid in Nov 09 and im still holding off for the next best phone.

OP
C
Reaction score
I just dont get waiting... There will ALWAYS be a better device, but you gotta get one of em right?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I mean you say that now but... next year they'll have something better. And that will always be true. You just have to settle eventually. For now? Upgrading Eris > X is more than enough, and ill upgrade 2 years from now. or one... idk which. Ya know?

Yea but this rapid acceleration in mobile technology that we've seen in the last 3 years is about to hit a roadblock, and the DroidPro is going to be very close to that block. The issue is a lack in progress in battery technology...it just isn't there to support hardware any more advanced than what the DroidPro can provide. Even on 45nm technology I don't think you're going to get past 2ghz for quite some time without some new battery tech. No freakin' way...

The DroidPro won't last forever, but I think it will be a super powerful phone for a much longer period of time than the typical phone at this point. There just isn't anything out there to push hardware specs past what is about to be offered.

I'd bet big money that the Pro will be around for quite a long while, much longer than we're used too anyway.

19thumper76

Reaction score
im waiting to see if the pro is unlocked, if not ill keep my droid until a unlocked dual core comes out

steven.rn

Reaction score
So with the new OMAP 4-Series (Dual-Core, with more than 1 GHz), there are gonna be some good phones coming out. But the new X is coming out THIS thursday.

Who is gonna wait and whos gonna go all out this Thurs.

Tell why! :)

I finally decided to buy on Thursday, mostly because Froyo 2.2 (running on my droid) is fast enough for me (heck, I'm an old dude) and once I stopped at the VZW store and saw the difference in screen real estate- I was hooked despite the locked/encrypted bootloader B$ Moto/VZW is doing.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im not getting a new phone until i can get a LTE phone....

its gonna suck for those that are getting the X because lte will be out this year and im sure a few LTE phones will be out in 1st quarter of 2011