New Moto Droid Owner

Striker46

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have recently purchased a new moto droid through verizon's buy one get one free promo. I have read many good things about the droid 1 and I can't wait til my phone arrives in the mail. Is there anything I need to know about my new phone? I hope to use this site alot in the future.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and Android, my suggestion would be to read as much as you can before your device shows up, this forum is full of information

OP
Striker46

Striker46

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and Android, my suggestion would be to read as much as you can before your device shows up, this forum is full of information

Yeah I have been all over this site looking for things about the droid 1. This site has a wealth of information. I've been going from post to post trying to absorb as much as I can about this phone and the Android OS. I am coming from using a LG Voyager for almost 2 years now so this is a whole new thing for me haha.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well feel free to ask questions, that is one of the reasons we are here

OP
Striker46

Striker46

Reaction score
I do have one question since my phone hasn't arrived yet. Is there a hotmail app that I can use to check my email? I don't have a gmail address as I have used my hotmail address for 5+ years now.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
it does have an email client built in but in my opinion it is not that great, there are third party clients to choose from, just so you know it is going to be almost impossible to own a Google phone without a Google account, not that you have to use their email but you will be prompted to create one as the purchasing of apps is done through Google checkout, and so many other things...remember aside from Android this is a Google based Device

OP
Striker46

Striker46

Reaction score
oh ok. yeah i know it was primarily a google based device. I guess what I will do is go ahead and create a gmail account now

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That will save a bit of time when your phone does arrive