rgoodman

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a new member. My husband has the Droid Motorola and I have the Droid Eris. We have had some issues with both phones locking up, shutting and restarting ont their own, and randomly dialing numbers.

Has any experienced any of this? Do you think we should exchange for new phones?

Thanks!

Rgoodman

warrior21

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The only time I experienced anything like that is when I had a non OEM charger hooked to it. If this is happening you might want to call verizon and look for an exchange because its not normal behavior

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am a new member. My husband has the Droid Motorola and I have the Droid Eris. We have had some issues with both phones locking up, shutting and restarting ont their own, and randomly dialing numbers.

Has any experienced any of this? Do you think we should exchange for new phones?

Thanks!

Rgoodman

Usually the cause for these type of of problems are bad apps. For example, are you using any virus protection or task killers? That could be responsible for the phones locking up. I can't speak for the Eris but Droid just doesn't do that.

I don't know the cure for Eris but I'm sure it's similar to the Droid. Do a factory data reset from the privacy section. That will cause you to lose your current data, but your contacts are backed up by gmail (provided of course the you realize these are Google phones and have Gmail accounts set up) and all your apps will be waiting for you in the Market in your downloads.

Run the phone without any apps for a day or so and see how that works for you. If you don't have problems with it add the apps back on until you find the problem one.

:welcome: to the Forum we are glad to have you here. Let us know how that works out.

OP
R

rgoodman

Reaction score
Thank you both for your responses. I do have the Task Killer installed, but no virus protection. I will reset my phone and add my apps one by one after a day or so with none.

Is there a good virus protection app you can recommend.