Speedcouch

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm from Maryland. Never bought a new A/V product so quickly. I'm usualloy a methodical, lot's research kind of person. But after first hearing about the Droid on the web about a week before it was due out and seeing very positive reviews everywhere, including Consumer Reports, I took the plunge on Nov 6th. Did go to the kiosk at the mall that day just to "hold it in my hand" and see the slide-out keyboard felt to me. Then went back to work and ordered from Verizon on-line (to get the $150 instant rebate. Had to wait until Monday to get it, but it was really worth the wait! Told my friend, Kevin, about it the week before and after swearing he could never have a phone called "Droid," he went out and bought it that Friday from the store. I pointed out he had to wait for his $100 "rebate" gift card and didn't get the additional $50 off I did, but he just couldn't wait. Now he's a dedicated "Droid-head." :)

My husband got a Storm back in July and I was looking for something with an actual keyboard as I didn't like the touch of the Storm's virtual keyboard. After 10 minutes of playing with my Droid, my husband was wishing he could trade his Storm in on one too. :icon_ banana:

Love the free Google Navigation - that was a big selling point for me.

Okay, I've rambled enough. Just know I still had a 6 year-old Motorola flip-phone and so this was a HUGE commitment for me!

Cheryl

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you found us, please feel free to add your input, thoughts and questions!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
awesome welcome aboard Cheryl.......

look forward to seeing you around the forums

96accord

Reaction score
Welcome!

Hope you are enjoying your Droid! :)

I am from Maryland also but have not got the Droid yet :(

-Jeff

BillTheCat

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Cheryl. I came from a Storm as well, and the onscreen keybard was one of the things that irked me. I missed the physical keyboard from my LG EnV2.

If you are so inclined, you might suggest to your husband that he try dialing *611, hit 0 for an operator, and inquire about upgrading... I got my Storm in May and they let me upgrade to the Droid early for the normal 2-year contract price of $199 net (no rebates required).