New member with Incredible

jpgal3

Reaction score
Hi,

I received the Incredible last week and wanted to find a good source of information. I know most people don't have the phone yet, but there are certainly some that do and are more tech savy than me. So far, the phone is pretty cool. I loved my Blackberry curve, but wanted something better for the web and entertainment. The biggest negative I have found so far is the battery life. I am not doing a lot - yet - and the battery only lasts 36 hours. Maybe I am running stuff in the background without knowing it. The phone is also slow to rotate when turned sideways for typing. Any feedback or thoughts would be great and I will be happy to share what little knowledge I have on the phone.

Thanks

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!! Hows the image quality on photos? Could you post up a few samples?

mjs31

Reaction score
welcome. Not sure on battery life since it is to new. Rotation should not be slow from everything I have seen. What are you comparing it to for rotation since you are coming from the BB side? I recommend HTC Incredible Forum

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I received the Incredible last week and wanted to find a good source of information. I know most people don't have the phone yet, but there are certainly some that do and are more tech savy than me. So far, the phone is pretty cool. I loved my Blackberry curve, but wanted something better for the web and entertainment. The biggest negative I have found so far is the battery life. I am not doing a lot - yet - and the battery only lasts 36 hours. Maybe I am running stuff in the background without knowing it. The phone is also slow to rotate when turned sideways for typing. Any feedback or thoughts would be great and I will be happy to share what little knowledge I have on the phone.

Thanks

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. If you're getting 36 hours out of the battery, that's fantastic. On a Blackberry Storm or a Droid you'll get 12-20 hours, depending on usage.

mjs31

Reaction score
Welcome to the site!! Hows the image quality on photos? Could you post up a few samples?

Dan - I really think photo quality is one that will be operator related with this phone aside from the fact that it is a still just a phone. There are many adjustments that can be made for your image taking. I have seen some terrible samples and some outstanding ones both inside and outside. It is one thing I plan to mess around with when I get mine in the next couple of days.
I am really wondering why the issue with slow rotation. of the 10 or so videos I have watched there is nothing slow about it.

OP
J

jpgal3

Reaction score
Dan,

The picture quality is great. I will post a picture soon. I tried to upload one but it was too large of a file - 2.1 mb. The zoom in and out is a little touchy, but that will come with time.

As for the screen rotation, it just gets stuck once in a while in text mode.

Thanks for the quick replies. This phone is going to be fun.

CatsTide

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks
i hate you.....get back with me thursday and i'll probably like you then

dang 36 hrs??? sounds great to me

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.

Yea, 36 hours battery life?!?! Consider yourself blessed......