New member who needs help please!

wendydins

Reaction score
Happy Holidays to you all! My name is Wendy and I just got a Droid 2 and I am having problems with making a picture I took of my husband and daughter into my home screen wallpaper. Can someone give me step by step instructions on how that can be done please!

perfoliate

Reaction score
On my Droid 1 its: press menu soft key, then press wallpaper, press gallery, then find the photo and apply. Hope this helps

Oh and welcome aboard, enjoy your stay :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
W

wendydins

Reaction score
I have cropped the picture but it blows it up for some reason. Do you know if I used the Picsay application will that help me. I keep reading change the pixels but I don't know how to do that.

Reaction score
You can also go to the gallery, find there picture you took, view it, then hit menu on the screen, then hit set as and wallpaper should be an option

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
W

wendydins

Reaction score
I have tried that. It sets the wallpaper but it blows the picture up to all 7 screens and not just my home screen. Is there a way to make the picture just fit my home screen that you know of?

perfoliate

Reaction score
I have cropped the picture but it blows it up for some reason. Do you know if I used the Picsay application will that help me. I keep reading change the pixels but I don't know how to do that.

When you choose the picture from the gallery before you press apply you can stretch the box that pops up to take a bigger portion of the picture which will end up making the picture appear smaller on the phone wallpaper screen.

perfoliate

Reaction score
I have tried that. It sets the wallpaper but it blows the picture up to all 7 screens and not just my home screen. Is there a way to make the picture just fit my home screen that you know of?

Oh I get it you want just the picture on the individual home screen. I think I remember seeing something somewhere with a home replacement app that allowed choosing a different picture for each screen. Maybe someone else will chime in on this.

perfoliate

Reaction score
Also "launcher pro" has an option for disabling the wallpaper scrolling. So as you scroll through you home screens the wallpaper stays still in the background. So if you could scale the whole picture within that default screen this would get you what you are looking for.

OP
W

wendydins

Reaction score
Perfoliate can you please tell me how to get launcher pro? I hope it is not a problem for you?

perfoliate

Reaction score
launcher pro is available in the market. I believe its free unless you go for the plus version which has special widget options

OP
W

wendydins

Reaction score
So I just go on the launcher pro website and down load it to my pc?

perfoliate

Reaction score
I also have no experience with using this on the droid 2 so I'm not going to be able to give you much support on it unfortunately, maybe someone else here will be able to. check out the droid 2 section of the forums. Best of luck.

perfoliate

Reaction score
So I just go on the launcher pro website and down load it to my pc?

its available in the android market. If you are new at this you might want to get some assistance from someone whom has a droid 2 that can walk you through it. I'd feel terrible for you to screw up your phone on my advice ;)