New member Intro

dsweet3331

Reaction score
Short and to the point. I am new to the forum and to the Droid, Smart Phone bunch. I came fro a Razor that was used for an occasional text message or instant message and phone calls. Was very unsure of the use I would have for a "Smart" Phone.:motdroidhoriz:
The only negitive I have with the Droid is the lack of a true Voice Dial Feature. The Razor had a very good and usefull voice Dial and I did come to use it a lot.:icon_eek:
Since haveing the Droid for a few months now I am working past the lack of that feature, hoping they will bring out something soon.
I have found my exchange account works wonderfully on the Droid and also found an app for my vehicle mileage and maint.
I have put the Seidio Case, belt Holster and mutimedia Staion to good use and like them all, will be getting the Car Dock for it next.
Battery Life was an issue that I first worried about but have come to realize that even on my long days at work 12 plus hrs it seems to make it. I do watch what is left on and running.
Keep up the work all you app builders, they are usefull and needed.
D.Sweet :motdroidvert:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Short and to the point. I am new to the forum and to the Droid, Smart Phone bunch. I came fro a Razor that was used for an occasional text message or instant message and phone calls. Was very unsure of the use I would have for a "Smart" Phone.:motdroidhoriz:
The only negitive I have with the Droid is the lack of a true Voice Dial Feature. The Razor had a very good and usefull voice Dial and I did come to use it a lot.:icon_eek:
Since haveing the Droid for a few months now I am working past the lack of that feature, hoping they will bring out something soon.
I have found my exchange account works wonderfully on the Droid and also found an app for my vehicle mileage and maint.
I have put the Seidio Case, belt Holster and mutimedia Staion to good use and like them all, will be getting the Car Dock for it next.
Battery Life was an issue that I first worried about but have come to realize that even on my long days at work 12 plus hrs it seems to make it. I do watch what is left on and running.
Keep up the work all you app builders, they are usefull and needed.
D.Sweet :motdroidvert:

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I agree the voice dial is terrible. But I still dial by using my voice.

Instead of pushing voice dial I use the search button then microphone and say call: (name). The google search finds my contact for me and dials the number. Works much better then the standard voice dial.

The only time it gives me a problem is if there is multiple numbers, then it will bring up both numbers in the search (and usually a bunch of stuff on the internet) and I'll have to push a selection at that time. If there is a home and cell number I can say "call (name) mobile" and it will select the correct one.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you like your Droid. If you have additional questions just post and someone will be glad to assist.

Mike