New member and soon to be Droid X owner

fwdiva

Reaction score
I have never had a droid, so this is going to be interestingdancedroid. I currently have a :blackberry: Storm 9530, which I am really going to miss. I really :heart: my BBM because all my family has a :blackberry:. Hope I decide within 30 days if I like it or not.
Any ex :blackberry: users using the Droid X? What do you think and how does it compare or difficulty in getting used to?

Expecting to recv it by the end of month seeing as how they said it would be shipped by the 18th of Aug. Just ordered it yesterday 8/2.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have never had a droid, so this is going to be interestingdancedroid. I currently have a :blackberry: Storm 9530, which I am really going to miss. I really :heart: my BBM because all my family has a :blackberry:. Hope I decide within 30 days if I like it or not.
Any ex :blackberry: users using the Droid X? What do you think and how does it compare or difficulty in getting used to?

Expecting to recv it by the end of month seeing as how they said it would be shipped by the 18th of Aug. Just ordered it yesterday 8/2.

:welcome: to the Droid Forum.

I don't have the X, I have a Droid. Prior to that I had a Blackberry Storm 1 and 2.

I had some hardware issues with 2 and decided to give the Droid a try. You will not believe what a piece of garbage the Storm is next to a Droid until you use it.

You will have a huge learning curve. You will have to forget everything you learned about Blackberry. There is not Download Manager, it's a google phone so everything is backed up in Google or Gmail.

As far as BBM, I don't miss it at all I use Gtalk now and if your friends on BBM are real friends they will switch to Gtalk too.;)

OP
F

fwdiva

Reaction score
Thanks

for the heads up. I am sure Droid will be better than the :blackberry:, just nervous about the learning curve, don't want to get frustrated to the point that I allow myself to fall back to the :blackberry: disaster. Can't wait dancedroid, I'll probably be on it all weekend, when I do get it..lol..