New Member 1st Post Where to buy a Droid?

AutoDealer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a brand-new Member, live on Amelia Island, FL 32034 (near Jax) have read up and want to buy the latest version Droid. I went to a Verizon store yesterday and they said it would cost $299 plus a 2-year contract. Then, I noticed on Amazon they charge $19 with a 2-year contract. Is there a catch I'm missing? Does anyone have any advice they can give me? Thank you in Advance.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wal-Mart has a deal where it comes out as free, goto their website.

HarshReality

Reaction score
Amazon I dont know about.. I do know about Wirefly.Com where mine was bought. 2Yr contract 450min + Unlimited Text for 59. p/month and unlimited Basic data for 22 p/month.

Phone cost @ 19.99 and there was no catch at all.. got it the next day.

The only difference in Data plans aside of cost is the ability to sync with exchange server.. I dont like MS at all sooo I went basic.

I love my droid.. but not 299 worth or even 500 worth.

OP
A

AutoDealer

Reaction score
Just bought two Droids

Update: Went to Wal-mart, bought 2 droids with android 2.1 under the family plan. While I was making the order, they were 19.99 ea with a 2 year plan. Then, while researching the plans in a different window, they INCREASED to $49.99 each! Fortunately, I had the old window still open in the background and got them for $19.99 each so alls well that ends well. Great site you have hear and in my case the timely answers to my questions ended up saving me money as well.

Last edited:

CatsTide

Reaction score
i'll sell you a perfect rooted droid in a couple of weeks with no contract :icon_ banana:

GolubSux

Reaction score
Bought mine also at Wirefly for $19.99.....

same exact contract as Verizon so that wasn't different...

got the 450 mins + 250 text messages and mandatory Data to start out with...

you can always upgrade the package but can't downgrade during the 1st 6 months according to the salesman..

shipped via FedEx took 3days..shipping was free only had to pay tax...

Wirefly has great prices as does Amazon but if I had to get another phone I'd stick with Wirefly.....