New market????

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have 2.2.6 already installed and working on BBv06... so 2.2.7 most definitely should as well

samiusmc

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the force closes. I'm running Simply Stunning 4.9. Anybody get it to work using that ROM?

B

bthomp21

Yeah i cant get it to work. It will not let me upgrade, delete old market, or just install it.

enduser

Reaction score
Download this file. CHANGE EXTENSION TO .ZIP Install like you would a rom through Recovery.

jellybean420

Reaction score
This worked for me.

1. Download new market.
2. Rename Vending.apk (Capital "V")
3. Open root explorer and navigate to /system/app, if the tab at the top right says R/O click on it.
4. Using root explorer copy the new market into /system/app
5. Click yes to overwrite the old Vending.apk
Long press and select permissions.
6. Set the permissions as follows where "x" stands for the check box you will see and a dash is empty box.

xx-
x--
x--

7. Reboot and you should be good, depending on the ROM anyways

gambit07

Reaction score
Yeah i cant get it to work. It will not let me upgrade, delete old market, or just install it.

Follow the directions in my first post, I've done it on multiple droids with different roms and that way has not failed me.

Last edited:

naman919

Reaction score

Follow the directions in my first post, I've done it on multiple droids with differenet roms and that way has not failed me.

Guess ill give it a shot on CM 6.1.2.

As a sideloaded market will i get future market updates? I feel like yes, or maybe Titanium Market Doctor will fix the market link for future updates.

Sent from OG Droid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just loaded 0.6.1 and it either has the new market or the market updated to the new version when the phone synced.
You can tell which one it was by going into data/app and looking for com.google.vending.apk (or something) as when the new market syncs, it gets installed in data/app versus system/app