New Incredible User

kellygh

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Kelly in South Carolina. I just activated my new Incredible today, and I'm clueless. Not sure if I'm going to get used to the touch screen, but I'm giving it a try after using a BB. I'm off to figure out how to create a voicemail greeting. Glad I found this site!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm Kelly in South Carolina. I just activated my new Incredible today, and I'm clueless. Not sure if I'm going to get used to the touch screen, but I'm giving it a try after using a BB. I'm off to figure out how to create a voicemail greeting. Glad I found this site!

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I too came from a Blackberry (Storm, Storm 2). It's going to be an adjustment for you, not just getting use to the touch screen but in understanding how the Incredible works.

Best advice I can give you is forget everything you ever learned about Blackberry. It does not apply to an Android phone. Don't worry about app memory, or battery pulls. Also if they did you a "favor" and put a task killer in your phone take it out, you don't need it.

Most people make the adjustment, but every once in a while somebody doesn't. We are here to help so if you need some, be sure to come back and ask.

OP
K

kellygh

Reaction score
Thanks Hook! I'm a little nervous about the switch. When my new phone rang for the 1st time, I just looked at it thinking "uh-oh, what do I do?!!" Where do I find this task killer thing? Does it show as an icon somewhere? Also, is it normal for the battery to be so horrible? I've been using my phone since about 11am, no internet, and almost 3/4 of the battery life is gone--Yikes!

Appreciate the help!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome Kelly! Glad you joined us. The community is very helpful and willing to share information. Check out the FAQ and General Discussion section for the Incredible. If you can not find the answer start a thread and the community will reply.

Mike

BTW Love Charleston and Isle of Palms.