New I-Phone Commercials...they strike back

taypotts

Reaction score
too bad I was just on a call and I was still able check movie times using WHERE... hm... odd..

and being able to used voice and data has more to do with it being GSM based as opposed to the phone.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
pretty good. they do have VZN beat there

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's what i'll miss about AT&T. But i'd rather not miss or drop a call than have that kind of feature. Lovin VZW so far

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yeah my friends don't know where the local theatres are : )

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn't the new 4g LTE network verizon is working on use a technology that allows for both voice and data?

Last edited:

rod

Reaction score
you couldnt pay me to go back to att. i couldnt make a call using my phone for 6 weeks after katrina. when i received my first bill after the storm, it was a full charge. i called the customer service (from a land line, no cell service), and they offered me 50% off the bill for the month i had no service. HA! i cancelled on the spot, refused to make any further payments and signed up with nextel, who had service in my area five days after the storm. att tried to collect the debt, but after a few emails with a supposed higher-up in the att chain of command, they forgave my debt and that was the end.

i spent my two years with nextel and have been with vzw ever since. since switched, practically zero dropped calls. what more can i ask for?

oh, and another thing. when vzw started rolling out "theres a map for that" commercials, my friends with att soon started getting letters in the mail stating att would have 3g in the area within 3 weeks. tell me why att waited until they were put on the spot to bring 3g in the area? att, previously cingular, previously bellsouth mobility was one of the first cellular providers in my area. they should have been the first to offer 3g to their customers.

poor business planning and execution. att at its finest.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. Way better than the lame AT&T commercial with Luke Wilson standing in front of a poster board. :rolleyes:

that and the one where he throws postcards around... terribly rushed and not thought out

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Exactly.....considering I could barely make a call with or without using data I consider this a step up.

That's what i'll miss about AT&T. But i'd rather not miss or drop a call than have that kind of feature. Lovin VZW so far

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
You know, if the iPhone was as snappy as depicted in the commercials and the voice/data was really that fast and they had decent coverage I'd still have my iPhone.

But.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I agree. That is why apple/att has been successfully sued. Those are not actual screens of the phone working. In reality its twice if not 3 times slower than that. Thy certainly don't show having to call people 2,3...4 times in a row to get it to connect.

You know, if the iPhone was as snappy as depicted in the commercials and the voice/data was really that fast and they had decent coverage I'd still have my iPhone.

But.

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
What do you suppose that bar at the top is that says "Touch to return to call"? Does the caller get placed on hold while you're in an application or does that just bring up the controls for the phone?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That returns to the phone control. The call is still live.

What do you suppose that bar at the top is that says "Touch to return to call"? Does the caller get placed on hold while you're in an application or does that just bring up the controls for the phone?