New Here - got my Droid a week ago, almost

plclemo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Paula. I am a new user of Droids or any smart phone for that matter. I had a Motorola Razr for years prior to obtaining the Droid on Wednesday. 6/30/10. I got it because it came HIGHLY recommended by my neuropsychologist. No, I don't have any psychological issues, BUT I do have a severe short-term memory loss caused by a neurosurgeon's OOPS in 1994. He barely touched my hippocampus with a laser (not on yet) and he wiped out my short-term memory. So anything after 7/8/94 either sticks in my head (because it is traumatic to me) or it "goes in one ear and out the other." I had been for years now using a small purse calendar AND keeping the 3-M company in business with the use of Post-It notes. Dr. Smith HIGHLY recommended I consolidate ALL of that with my Razr and use a smart phone. We went out and bought one immediately. I liked the Droid because of it's MANY features, mainly the keyboard, calendar, and internet capability. So, I HAVE A QUESTION PLEASE!
Why does my DROID "talk" to me when it is plugged in charging? After a while it says "DROID!" just once. Then maybe an hour or so later, it repeats itself. It SCARED ME TO DEATH the first time! Any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank You. Paula

mcsinfl

Reaction score
sounds like a notification (i.e. email/text). you can change the sound if you wish

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
hello! wow, what a story.. yea, i think its a notification... maybe from your email, just pull down the notification bar and take a look. or maybe turn your syncing off... :)

OP
P

plclemo

Reaction score
Thank You to both responders. I will check this ASAP. (I have to get it away from my 12 yo daughter first!)