New guy intro

Tunit

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been using a blackberry curve for almost a year and am looking at getting a Droid. I haven't had much time to play with one yet.
Also, does anyone know where I can get a Google Voice invite? I've sent a request to Google but have not heard anything for quite some time.
Those that have a Google Voice account...how do you like it?
Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Be prepared for a huge learning curve from your Curve.:)

Google Voice is pretty good, I use it for texting. I don't use it for anything else. Google Voice invites are indeed hard to come by. You can purchase one if you like on ebay.

OP
T

Tunit

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, hookbill.
I never thought to look on ebay...man, what can't you get on Ebay these days? LOL
I'm excited to switch to the droid. Can't wait for the contract to end so I can get out of the BB. Every time I go to the Verizon store to play with this phone, the line is about 5 deep, so I havn't had too much hands-on time yet. One question I have is about the physical keyboard. I see the keys are much more flush compared to the BB Curve...do you make many errors when using this?