New extended battery Droid X how do you reset battery stats

delta_kilo

Reaction score
I have searched and not coming up with a answer. I have recently installed a new extended life battery in my Droid X. My phone used to run about 7 or 8 hours before needing to be charged I'm adveraging close to 24 now. Problem is the battery meter on the phone after 7 or 8 hours says the battery is all most empty even though it stays on for many hours after that. How do I reset the battery meter so it will track the new battery. I have let the phone drain completely, charge back up and still it doesn't track the new battery.

jellybean420

Reaction score
I have searched and not coming up with a answer. I have recently installed a new extended life battery in my Droid X. My phone used to run about 7 or 8 hours before needing to be charged I'm adveraging close to 24 now. Problem is the battery meter on the phone after 7 or 8 hours says the battery is all most empty even though it stays on for many hours after that. How do I reset the battery meter so it will track the new battery. I have let the phone drain completely, charge back up and still it doesn't track the new battery.

This is the only way i know how and you must be rooted.

1. Charge battery completely 100%.
2. Run koush's bootstrapper.
3. Reboot in recovery.
4. Go to advanced
5. Choose wipe battery stats.
6. Reboot.

Sorry if your not rooted and this is of no help to you.

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
I can't thank you enough. This was exactly what I was looking for. Now lets hope it works.

Thanks again

jellybean420

Reaction score
I can't thank you enough. This was exactly what I was looking for. Now lets hope it works.

Thanks again

No problem hope it works. Also where did you get it from, VZW? Is there enough extra battery life to warrant the cost? Thanks!

P.S. Do you need a bulky new battery door? Thats a deal breaker for me.

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
Bought it on ebay and yes it's made in China but I put the battery in the night before last at 7PM it lasted until 10 PM the next day and I had everything on just to see how long it would last. Yes it comes with a new door panel and makes it wider but I couldn't be happier with the performance and don't have to worry about it dieing on me during the day when using it now. It's 3500 so it's got a lot more juice than the stock one had. For about 18 hours it kept saying I had 5% battery left. I have to get that fixed. Oh and it cost $21.00 with shipping.

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
No it didn't work. I might try a hard reset and wipe the phone of everything putting it all back to factory then it would learn the battery like it did when I first got it. Not sure what else to do.

Jambanc

Reaction score
What seller on eBay did u get it from I'm in need I have the x coming 2 me 2morrow?
Thankx

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
Here's the link. No I'm in now way conected to this guy except as a customer.

N32 6in1 3500mAh Battery Cable for Motorola Droid X - eBay (item 160522570784 end time Jan-22-11 04:28:45 PST)

User id is: ahkin_digital
s.gif

The battery lasts for ever compared to the original. Now if I can just figure out the battery meter issue it'll be perfect. I read I could go with a app that reads the battery voltage and calculates actual battery life left that way. Maybe I'll give that a shot.

Jambanc

Reaction score
Much appreciated and I wish u much luck on ur quest 4 droidexcelentness! Ha new word!

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
Thanks I seem to have fixed one issue of not having to worry about the battery running out only to have created a new one. Nothing like driving a new car around with a big gas tank but no working fuel guage.

Jambanc

Reaction score
LOL Very true but atleast u got a good idea of how incredibly long u have on a single tank.

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
Ya that's true. Right at 27 hours. That was with heavy use. I really can't complain. I downloaded the app Battery Left Widget. From what I have read I can calibrate it with usage, charging, and discharging and use it in place of the stock battery meter. If it works my problam is solved.

Sold my girl friend on the battery. She was sick of the same issue battery going dead before she could get home to charge it. She wants mine. LOL

OP
D

delta_kilo

Reaction score
Anyone by chance know if it's even possible to shut off the stock battery monitoring that displays in the top status bar?

mjosdown

Reaction score
Delta, thanks for the good info. My wife and I were just talking last night about how bad the stock battery sucks. Looks like I'll give this one a try.

Any idea how much more the battery sticks out as compared to the motorola extended battery (1840mAh)? Seems like the 3500mAh battery would be a bit larger.

Last edited:

nybadboy11

Reaction score
battery door

Thanks again

No problem hope it works. Also where did you get it from, VZW? Is there enough extra battery life to warrant the cost? Thanks!

P.S. Do you need a bulky new battery door? Thats a deal breaker for me.
no i have the ext bat and same cover