New Exclusive Pics of Droid 2 and Commercial Details

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Special thanks to Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog for providing this information
droid-commercial-slide1.jpg

Still more information on the Droid 2 and Droid X, with slides and pictures. Follow this link for complete story.

Exclusive: Droid 2 and Droid X Commercial Slides, New Juicy Details | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Last edited:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
good find hook... this will not be enough for me to do early upgrade but this is going to be the phone of choice.. must be faster processor than orignally thought... o well must hold my money till something else comes out in 14 months :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It's commercial copy......

In other words this is a mock-up of the actual commercial (pics are for demo only) it won't accurately depict the product. It will obviously show a D2 mock-up but don't misconstrue it as the actual hardware

So unless they just changed the specs to keep the product under wraps you can bet on seeing the D2 flying along at 1GHZ.

When they audition voice over actors they are using something pretty close to final copy.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Droid2 and Droid x Commercial Slides

Exclusive: Droid 2 and Droid X Commercial Slides, New Juicy Details

On 06.14.10, In News, by Kellex

Over the weekend we got a hold of the commercial slides and scripts for the new batch of Motorola Droid 2 and Droid X commercials that are slated to run as we get closer to launch next month. After reading the scripts on these slides, you get a great feel for the level of power plus the new user experience you can expect from these 2 devices. You should really be excited after reading these.
First up is the slide at the top of the post and is the new commercial called “Digits”, made specifically for the Droid 2 (or D2). The biggest details we get from this appear to be its newly found grasp of Email Exchange, the upgraded keyboard and a 1.0GHz processor. Yep, the same 1.0GHz processor our initial source mentioned back in April. Here is the voice over part of the script…
“‘Does’ used to do a lot. Now it does even more. Now it does Email Exchange, so you can be hooked up to everything thing you need to do. Now it does 1.0GHz speed on a sleeker, more intuitive keyboard. It does and does and does. And the only thing it doesn’t do is ask for time off.”
Does 1.0GHz change your mind on the Droid 2? It definitely helps ease mine.
Two more commercial slides for the Droid X after the jump!
The second and third commercials were made to promote the Droid X, its 4.3″ display and a new multimedia app which we can assume is a part of the new Moto/Shadow/Ninjablur that has been rumored to be included in all new Motorola Android devices…
First up is the “Eagle Eye (NFL App)” commercial which talks specifically about the device’s 4.3″ screen and its ability to watch the NFL on the go in unbelievable quality.
And lastly, the “Media Mogul” commercial. In this commercial, a new EyeCon app is highlighted and apparently will come standard with the Droid X and allow you to manage every multimedia device in your entire house. A mobile media center as your smartphone? Sign me up.
Now obviously these could have been commercials that received the axe, but my gut is telling me that these have made the cut and will be hitting the airwaves in no time. I love the “Gattaca” feel that they all seem to be focused on and the features mentioned should help sell a ton of both devices, especially with the “Droid” tag slapped on them. Yay July release!
Can Verizon or Motorola announce these already

source

wmnomore

Reaction score
This will be a nice upgrade for those of us who are never satisfied(like me).

-I hope it isn't hard to hack. it seems they are beginning (moto or verizon) to make it harder to root these newer devices. sprint and t-mobile seem to be the only ones leaving their devices open for development. this would be the only thing keeping me from upgrading early.
-I think the X may be a little over the top for size. i think 4.0" is perfect.

Yay for moto. i am really liking the quality of their devices. I have wanted an HTC for the longest time, but i can see many more faults and flaws lately that may keep me away from them.

chris

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
LOL i like the "The only thing it doesn't do is ask for time off".

azules9780

Reaction score
These phones both look to be really awesome, but I'm surious about something. How long until Verizon pushes out there 4G? Or is that what comes out in 2011 and Verizon is calling it LTE? The reason I ask this is because both of these phones sound awesome so far but if they don't have 4G capabilities and Verizon will have their 4G up and running in 2011, there is no way I'll get either one of these phones.

wmnomore

Reaction score
LTE may hit a few big cities at the end of the year, but the rest is hit or miss.
They say to be done by 2013. I'd say if you don't live in a huge city, you are safe to get any new phone by the end of the year. and yes LTE is verizon's 4G.

Sprint came out with their EVO 4g phone and many people don't have 4g yet. it works on 3g also. i hope verizon does this so we have it in our phones when the towers are ready.

Here's a link to one article on verizon's lte network plans:

Verizon's LTE Rollout: There's a Big Map for That | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
These phones both look to be really awesome, but I'm surious about something. How long until Verizon pushes out there 4G? Or is that what comes out in 2011 and Verizon is calling it LTE? The reason I ask this is because both of these phones sound awesome so far but if they don't have 4G capabilities and Verizon will have their 4G up and running in 2011, there is no way I'll get either one of these phones.

Verizons LTE (4G) Network isnt supposed to be fully rolled out until 2013. May come sooner than that and may come later. At this time it is just an Estimate.