New Every Two / BB Pre-Order

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From everything I've been reading about the upgrade pricing for the new every two program and the Best Buy pre-order is that you should be able to use the discount there. Most best-buy mobiles have confirmed that they will honor the new every 2 program discount. Seeing as they are tied into the verizon system it should show up when they look at your account. (Stated by a best buy employee) But there have been a few that have stated that they don't, so to be 100% sure on that you should also call your local Best Buy and ask to make sure. Also from what I heard to pre-order from best buy, they are making you purchase a $50 gift card.

One of the big misconceptions right now is whether or not verizon is making you send in a mail in rebate for the $100. This is not the case. Upon receipt of purchase of the droid they are giving you the rebate in the form of a $100 debit card. Which if you order it off-line i am seeing that the rebate will be instant. So either Best Buy is getting all the debit cards and just combing the money or verizon is being nice to them and just giving them a lump sum after they report how many units are sold.

Zippster

Reaction score
I am going into my BB store today to see if I can get the bottom line price figured out for me, I will post back later with details. ;)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks zippster.. i want to know where i can spend $200, not $300..

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well the thing is sam, I know that you were looking at buying a lot of the accessories for it, just use the debit card towards that, but lol knowing them it's one that has to be activated, oh wait you now have a phone that can do all that.

Definately with you though, i would not want to spend 300 up front with the card, i think many will flock to BB to get it in that case, or just get it offline. Dumb that verizon stores won't be doing that, will drive a lot of business elsewhere.

kmc1828

Reaction score
I went to my local BB store today, and they would not allow me to use my new every 2 discount.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess it might be depending on the best buy store itself then. Apparently some are confirming that they do, and some are confirming that they don't.

souljerr

Reaction score
Seems they'll be missing a lot of sales if they don't do the new every 2 discount. Why would they just send that business out the door back to Verizon?

Zippster

Reaction score
I guess it might be depending on the best buy store itself then. Apparently some are confirming that they do, and some are confirming that they don't.

Exactly, and the sales rep said so, done on a "per store basis" and of course mine doesnt...:mad: Gotta love chain stores that act independently, sort of defeats the purpose of being a chain store???

Go to Mickey D's and ask for a Big Mac and "sorry sir, we dont sell them here" :eek:

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol, yeah that's funny about Mickey D's.

I Will add though, that i just phoned my local Best Buy store and they unfortunately do not support the new every 2 program. As stated on one of my other posts "what a worthless interaction between verizon and it's resellers."

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
Went to Verizon store today and they made an appointment for me for next Friday, 7:00 a.m. They will open early that day. I'll be getting the New Every Two discount, but my wife will not get that discount since I'm the primary. I don't know if there is a way around that. Does anyone have suggestions?

Last edited:
OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well i've been told, not sure if it's true or not, that the new every 2 program is tied into your main contract and how much you pay monthly. So say you have your primary phone at 99.99 for 900 minutes, in reality your only paying a small fee to have that second line on the account, which is 9.99. But take it for what it is, merely what i've heard. We do have a forum member that works for verizon i believe, maybe he can explain in detail about it.

kmc1828

Reaction score
Well i've been told, not sure if it's true or not, that the new every 2 program is tied into your main contract and how much you pay monthly. So say you have your primary phone at 99.99 for 900 minutes, in reality your only paying a small fee to have that second line on the account, which is 9.99. But take it for what it is, merely what i've heard. We do have a forum member that works for verizon i believe, maybe he can explain in detail about it.

I'm not sure why that would effect BB's ability to honor the NE2 discount.

I have a family plan myself and only 1 phone on the account gets the NE2 discount (as far as i know), and that's the phone I'm trying to upgrade. (just fyi, maybe we can have a VZW employee comment)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
there are a few VZW employees on here.. if they are watching it would be cool if they chimed in. but lets not go pestering them with PMs.. they might not know anymore than we do yet..

Zippster

Reaction score
Went to Verizon store today and they made an appointment for me for next Friday, 7:00 a.m.

Verizons taking appointments?

Went round with CSR at Verizon on phone and new every 2 only for primary line, no way around it, other lines get basic member discounts every 2. Even funnier is the additional hoops I had to jump through because the bill is in my name alone, the account shows my line as the owner, yet some idiot screwed up and put my wifes # as the primary? :confused: And she's not due a new every 2 yet, they did allow me to get it early and then I will transfer primary back to my #.....anyone else getting headaches from all this??? lol