New Droid X running all kinds of services...

csimo

Reaction score
I got my new Droid X (did have a Droid 1) and was surprised to see all the running services. I removed all the factory bloatware widgets from the home screens, but the services still run every time I boot the phone.

Skype, News and Weather, Social Media, ad a bunch of others are running and I use none of them. I would prefer them to not be running. My old Droid 1 had none of this garbage running.

Any idea (short of rooting) how I can get all these services to not start?

Thanks,
-Joe

wdprice3

Reaction score
well their presence isn't really hurting you. they're just chilling in the background waiting to be called upon... not using your memory/proc/battery. so I'm not sure why you think this is a problem.

if you want to get rid of them/prevent them from starting I suggest rooting your device and renaming the apks to bak. be careful with doing that; it may break some functionality. there is an entire thread dedicated to removing bloatware, which contains a list of apks that are believed to be safely renamed

Last edited:

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
well they're presence isn't really hurting you. they're just chilling in the background waiting to be called upon... not using your memory/proc/battery. so I'm not sure why you think this is a problem.

if you want to get rid of them/prevent them from starting I suggest rooting your device and renaming the apks to bak. be careful with doing that; it may break some functionality. there is an entire thread dedicated to removing bloatware, which contains a list of apks that are believed to be safely renamed

^ Only way to remove them is to root. Its fairly easy to debloat the phone once your rooted. I wouldnt worry to much about the services though, they use a very minimal amount of battery/resources if any.