New Droid X Owner

lfotto

Reaction score
I have had the DX since 8:00 July 15th and I have enjoyed every second of it so far. I have even used to hike in the adirondacks using oruxmaps. It worked perfectly to track my progress to three peaks. I can hardly wait for Froyo and am constantly learning capabilities with this phone. My last phone was a Samsung Glyde. What a difference two years makes.dancedroid

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
1) do you know about the no sleep bug? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...6788-droid-x-battery-problems-discovered.html
2) don't use the stock email client because it is buggy (the gmail client seems to be buggy too but worth a shot). Use any other email client.
3) try a different browser like dolphin HD or xscope. Set user agent to desktop/computer and enjoy!
4) do not kill tasks, do not install a task killer, do not install antivirus
5) watch for what privileges an app is asking for when downloading from the market. If your wallpaper wants access to your contacts and the internet, think twice.
6) consider switching battery profile to performance mode if you want data to be on all the time. I wouldn't have it any other way. Not a big hit on battery.
7) the timer app (part of the clock app) can barely be heard so don't burn dinner. it's a bug.
8) apparently the stock messaging app bogs down. Use handcent, or better yet get google voice and free text messages and visual voicemail

Last edited: